Over 1 million in capital to trade with???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by brandonr008, Dec 18, 2010.

1. I have been trading on and off for about 10 years.. I got back into trading pretty heavy about 18 months ago. I have done quite well.. Made a ton of money on Precious Metals, (mostly silver), day trading and so on.. I have taken a break but will get VERY long Gold and Silver futures soon.. I have a nice portfolio of physical metals..

I have some strong beliefs on the future.. We are going to see some massive inflation.. Silver and Gold are easy money.. I take the money I make in the market and continue to buy physical metal..

Currently I have over 1 million of cash to trade with, I have been trading with the Schwabs, TD, and so on.. And of course I do trade futures but I mainly like to trade stocks and options...

I started trading with not much more then 100k,, Yes I have done well, but I know there is a lot more I can be doing..

I also manage some accounts for friends and family..

I am sick of trading with brokers that are trading against me at times, holding my orders, taking forever to cancel a order and so on..

I would like to use the cash I have and really put it to work, the more capital I can trade with the better I will do.. Everything I do right now is retail... Looking for at least 5 if not 10 times over night buying power.. Inter day 10 times is fine with me...

I don't and wont be forced to churn my account so I run up commissions.. I trade when I want to trade, I avg around25-40 trades a day.. Sometimes I day trade but I do tend to swing trade quite often..

I want to be able to trade where I don't have to worry about my money being held there..

If I can get some help and good ideas on how I can start 2011 off in a really good way I would appreciate it..

I dont have to trade with a prop firm.. I can stay retail, but I am no longer going to trade with the big brokers.. I have been looking at some small day trading firms.. But yes I would not mind really stepping things up!!!!!!!!

I would like to know the best retail firms to trade with.. Firms that will not play games with me the like the major brokers do and I would like to know what options I have as far as prop trading etc..

I would love to trade on the RediPlus by Goldman, but other platforms are ok too..

As things go along I plan on starting a hedge fund.. Most likely in 2011..I want to personally get my net worth up a little more and then I will explore those options,, I have just hired my first employee to start next year and will soon after that be looking to hire a trading assistant

Will be happy and open to further discussions on this..

Thanks
    Brandon

2. cstfx

cstfx

Goldman won't touch you with less than 10M, so that rules out an account with them directly, but you can find a prop or two that offer that platform (for now) like Bright. Need a S7 license, tho.

Best retail (overall) by most for retail is probably IB. If the money you say is true, you can get pm for up to 6:1 leverage. Works with various front ends so you can tailor it to suit your needs.

3. Does goldman and other giant companies have $10 million? All they have is bail-out/printed money.

4. Was not looking to trade with Goldman.. But that would nice:)

But I am interested in the RediPlus platform.. Back when I did a little day trading in 2000 I did use Redi and I liked it a lot..

With IB I can get 6 times buying power??

As far as IB.. I do have a account there but never really used it to much.. Did notice one time they sold stock 15 mins before the close so I would not have a create a daytrading margin call.. I was pissed at that because I was going to sell the stock on my own terms before the close.. Not just let them put in a market order..Needless to say not a good way to start a relationship with me..

Could not get a handle on there commission rate.. Sometime I trade in size.. Maybe 50k shares plus.. Unless I am reading things wrong there, the commission is insane.. But would be open to trade with them if there rates were inline with most brokers..

Etrade I pay 4.49 a trade, 25 cents on options and 2 bucks on futures.. Was working on getting a better deal with TD.. Think or Swim platform is nice.. But thinks its time to go a new route...

5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

[​IMG]

6. Was not looking to trade with Goldman.. But that would nice:)

But I am interested in the RediPlus platform.. Back when I did a little day trading in 2000 I did use Redi and I liked it a lot..

With IB I can get 6 times buying power??

As far as IB.. I do have a account there but never really used it to much.. Did notice one time they sold stock 15 mins before the close so I would not have a create a daytrading margin call.. I was pissed at that because I was going to sell the stock on my own terms before the close.. Not just let them put in a market order..Needless to say not a good way to start a relationship with me..

Could not get a handle on there commission rate.. Sometime I trade in size.. Maybe 50k shares plus.. Unless I am reading things wrong there, the commission is insane.. But would be open to trade with them if there rates were inline with most brokers..

Etrade I pay 4.49 a trade, 25 cents on options and 2 bucks on futures.. Was working on getting a better deal with TD.. Think or Swim platform is nice.. But thinks its time to go a new route...

7. cstfx

cstfx

Portfolio Margin

http://institutions.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=margin&p=pmar-default

As to cost, they are a direct access broker, so you can send your orders to the specific exchange you may want to execute it on. You complain about your firm trading against you, but when using Schwab, ETrade, et al, using their one fee commission is akin to your broker trading against you as they sell your order flow and you probably will not get the best execution price for your trade. If all you are doing is limit orders in and out, then your trade will either be executed at the price you want or not at all, but if trying to fill market orders, you will see significant slippage.

Also, if you trade prop, expect to pay around the same rates that scare you from IB.

That's the difference between a broker that is geared to the retail customer and one that is considered a little more professional. IB will not match those rates, and if you traded both side by side, you would see why one is better than the other for different trading styles.

GL with your decision.

8. Goldman Sachs only steals from the rich..cause they know if Goldman Sachs robs a killer, the killer will kill Goldman Sach.

never rob a demon,witch,warlord and any evil people..they will kill if you rob them. these demons have no mercy on the merciless. an eye for eye is the law.

9. Goldman Sachs bread and butter that they steal from are pension funds, orphan funds, union funds, instiutuional funds like city and school funds...are large funds.and gov't funds like FED is goldman sachs biggest fund now. or biggest sucker

10. your post is lie,

you don't have 1 million dollars to trade.

your asking for the best retail firm and you say you are starting a hedge fund ..i call b.s...

you ar b.s. lie post

#10     Dec 19, 2010