Outsourcing the death of the economy!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Samson77, Sep 25, 2004.

Outsourcing

1. A lousy ideal that will destroy us.

53 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. A great ideal that will make us all rich.

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. I don't know.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I don't care.

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. jem

jem

Why should not web page design job go to India.

People in the states want 4-5000 dollars to make a nice looking web site and do not even guarantee you search engine rankings.

Every thinking person consuming thoses services knows that there is no barrier to entry. It just a takes a little bit of time to learn html and flash.

I see the same with most technology service jobs. They are seriously overpaid for how little they had to do to get the knowledge.

Right now India is providing very educated people for jobs that could be done by the not so educated. Eventually, it will all balance out and the only people getting paid well to make a website are the truly artistic or the ones who guarantee search rankings.

Now I am concerned when an industry that makes real products goes overseas but that is a different story.

#41     Sep 26, 2004
  2. fan27

fan27

Here is the way I look at it:

There is a limited amount of capitol on this planet (This, I think most of us can agree on). If a Chinaman can produce a widget for $1.00 and it costs a US worker $10.00 to make the same widget, it makes sense to let the chinaman make the widget. So where does the $9.00 savings go. Cheaper goods for you and me. Now that the US worker is not making the widget what should he do. My suggestion:

QUIT BITCHIN and develop skills that are in demand in the current economy. A hurricane is blowing over my apartment right now. Bitching about it will change nothing. All there was to do was to make the necessary preparations.

fan27

#42     Sep 26, 2004
  3. We can't have it both ways... if we are to accept Capitalism, we must embrace outsourcing...

#43     Sep 26, 2004
  4. statement I have EVER seen.
    Note the swiss turned their vote against citizenship ease and remain fiercely protectionist. Do you not suppose they are capitalists as well.

#44     Sep 26, 2004
  5. Even when there is a hurricane you can still have some fun!

***** SELL KITES!!!! ***** :D

Good Fortunes!

#45     Sep 26, 2004
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

money is made on volume of people working for you, not on volume of "stuff" an individual worker does for him/herself. the correct answer is "neither" because what excess profits are made possible by the invention of the bulldozer will be eaten up by the cost of the bulldozer and by the flood of competing bulldozers entering the market.

#46     Sep 26, 2004
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

sorry, you have it exactly backwards, outsourcing in a world where capital and goods can move but labor can't is NOT capitalism, it is the opposite of capitalism. if you had outsourcing in a world where labor forces were free to relocate across political boundaries, only then could outsourcing be considered a part of capitalism.

but that's not the world we live in, nor is it the world Walmart wants to compete in.

#47     Sep 26, 2004
  8. damir00

damir00 Guest

not only does this not support your argument, it actually runs counter to it. consumer electronics is the prime example of an industry that employs huge numbers of people, sells billions of gadgets, and yet has a return on equity lower than just sticking the money in a bank.

#48     Sep 26, 2004

9. Some will say, yea but their are no jobs to keep the economy moving, I think the government will subsidize them. Can you imagine how may baby boomers are going to retire, and how many jobs will need to be filled WOW!

#49     Sep 26, 2004
  10. Yea you tell um, lets blame the credit card companies.

The three keys to success!

1) work hard
    2) stay out of debt
    3) save and invest wisely

Follow these three simple steps and you will become financial independent near you retirment years.

#50     Sep 26, 2004