Outsourcing the death of the economy!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Samson77, Sep 25, 2004.

Outsourcing

1. A lousy ideal that will destroy us.

53 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. A great ideal that will make us all rich.

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. I don't know.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I don't care.

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. OK time to soften up a little. You are of course right and a measured approach must be the right one. No one can force a multi national to give him/her a job.
    Having said that I like to know these grand opportunities that will emerge from the ashes. I agree there is a restructuring and more and more traders park their money in real estate or invest in ranch land and commodities. What else? Pawbrokering is a grand business as well as smuggling cigarettes from Mexico but don't you let them catch you. But these are old and tired methods...what is new?

#21     Sep 25, 2004
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

EXACTLY!!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

hang on - u cant - because youre all still bitchin over 911 and 3000+ deaths when u cant c that there r 3000+ deaths EVERY DAY because of US foreign policy in 3rd world.

why should ANYONE respect us anymore when all we do is SHAFT THE WORLD?

to all US patriots - do the world AND America a favor and....

VOTE FOR A POSITIVE FUTURE FOR USA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD!

dont do it 4 me - do it 4 your self & your kids/grand kids.

#22     Sep 25, 2004
  3. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Yawn.

#23     Sep 25, 2004
  4. Well the answer certainly isn't MORE violence and destruction.

That is a narrow minded approach to a complicated problem.

Yes VOTE and remember who put these policies in place and who was on watch during 9/11....:mad:

#24     Sep 25, 2004
  5. Midas

Midas

Every generation has their doomsday parade. It looks like most people here are part of this generations bitter and scared. You guys keep whining about how the the world as we know it is going to end.

I will keep lining my pockets with greenbacks in the meantime.

Now if you will excuse me I have a Hurricane party to attend to.:cool: (South & Central Florida is staring down the barrel of a Cat. 3 beast named Jeanne)

#25     Sep 25, 2004
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

...mostly after WW2, when every other industrial economy on the planet was laying in a smoldering wreckage and for 20 years there wasn't even anyone to compete with. that incredible advantage is now gone and the US is following the same track as post-WW1 UK.

#26     Sep 25, 2004
  7. I notice 5 voted as it is a great money making opportunity...
    I hope they are talking about trading the doom cause they are not going to make a lot unless they catch the dow meltdown or gold reaching $1400/ounce
    What a self-confidence to think you can actually profit from the death of american middle class.

#27     Sep 25, 2004
  8. Midas

Midas

And their standard of living is bad?

Most "Western" workers are spoiled. 2 car family, vacations, computers, more food than you can eat. In short fat and happy (look to rising obesity rates for proof)

Lets not forget outsourcing has been going on for a long time. I understand many of you come from a tech background, however, most of the modern middle class are not programmers or developers so your recent woes have been felt by many for a while.

At the risk of offending others on this board, if you are an overpaid programmer in America your heyday has past and you can look at it as the end of the world or you can find another way to make a living............

I used to be a Commercial banker and I had friends making very good money trading (this was the mid to late 90's) so I quit and started trading. I made very good money daytrading. When it slowed down I started a mortgage company and I flip real estate. I foresee business slowing in coming years so I am in the process of laying out the next venture (I still trade by the way) each time I take a great deal more "off the table" than I brought to it..........Why????????? Because I do not whine about what could be, or what should be, I focus on what works............................... now.....................And when it stops working I take my profits and move on I don't cry about it!

The point is you have to change all of the time. In trading what works now will not work tomorrow. The same can be said about careers or anything else for that matter.

Adapt, overcome, and look for your angle to profit. Periods of great change often provide the best returns. Take a look at the Russian Oligarchs.

#28     Sep 25, 2004
  9. Casey30

Casey30

We are not talking about the top 10% of this country...everyone knows the top will always survive and thrive...we are talking about the entire country here. Most of the people of this country are not quite as nimble as you suggest. Sure I may make a million a year being a nimble entrepreneur, but what about the rest of America, the ones who are laid off from the factory they worked for 20 years, the programmers, the back office staffs...in their fate also lies the fate of this great country. I guess we could suggest they move to China and make 60 bucks a month in the factories, or India to make 4 dollars an hour programming. Oh, by the way, the millions that you make being a mighty entrepreneur are going to be worthless if our trading partners ever decide to turn off the cash flow to finance our trade deficit.

#29     Sep 25, 2004
  10. TGregg

TGregg

Exactly. Every country that has tried to build some economic wall to protect their darling industry has suffered far worse (economically speaking) for their effort. Many people will bemoan this shift as many bemoan the end of the day - with the same result. The day still ends, and the USA creates new inustries and new jobs in those industries, then trains the rest of the world in how to do them so the USA can build even better industries. But I suppose "this time it's different" is the rallying cry.

#30     Sep 25, 2004