Outsourcing the death of the economy!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Samson77, Sep 25, 2004.

Outsourcing

1. A lousy ideal that will destroy us.

53 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. A great ideal that will make us all rich.

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. I don't know.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I don't care.

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. WD40

WD40

China outsourced its new train to Canada's Bombardier instead of building it themselves.

#131     Sep 26, 2006
  2. WD40

WD40

China outsourced 2 of its nuclear power plants to Candu of Canada.

#132     Sep 26, 2006
  3. Face it.American politicans and corporate executives sold out the American people. It a perfect example of the "F*ck them as long as I get mine mentality". The problem is the passage of time brings clarity. We all arent going to be entepeneurs and become real successful. Many will try, most will fail. The ones that succeed will be happy and think things are great. It is at this point when the masses realize the future looks bleak that social unrest begins to foment. Revolutions start from this.

"viva la libertad"

#133     Nov 4, 2006
  4. You could look at it that way short term. But in the medium and long term there is no way to compete except by opening your markets. Yes, other countries have some protectionism, but in general that is not the underlying issue.

Example: many corporations have gone offshore for tax savings. Who can blame them? Are they to blame that they don't want to pay ridiculously high taxes?

What's the solution? To force them at gunpoint to stay on our shores? Imo, that's not American. We should win by competition not by the bullet...

#134     Nov 6, 2006