Outlook Express Help

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FuturesTrader71, May 12, 2005.

1. Does anyone know how to get rid of duplicate emails in the latest version of Outlook Express? I have about 2000 duplicate emails from transferring systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Any ideas?

Possibly an email program that would import Outlook messages and that has a duplicate finder?

3. Does this help?

"That can happen if your Hotmail or IMAP account is the default mail account and OE is configured to both open directly to the Inbox (which downloads headers automatically) and check for new messages when starting (which also downloads headers automatically). To stop the duplicates, simply choose one option or the other, but not both. Click Tools | Options, then remove the check mark for When starting, go directly to my 'Inbox' folder OR the check mark for Send and receive messages at startup. If you already have duplicates showing, click Tools | Synchronize Account or Synchronize All. "

4. Try deleting the database files that store the emails (back 'em up first, mind, in case you bin the wrong one).

Open OE, go to "Tools", then "Options", then "Maintenance", then click "Store Folder".

Copy this address, then click Start, Run and Paste in the address. This opens the directory where OE stores all the messages - bit of trial and error but saves you doing it all at once.

5. The problem is not with an IMAP account like hotmail. The problem is that over time from backing up and restoring my system, I reimport my messages and then many messages left on the server get downloaded again (100's of them), so I end up with triplicates.

6. I know where the emails are stored. There are numerous DBX files there. I can't access them.

What I had in mind is a program that can import Outlook Express messages but has message management and cleanup features. I can then import the messages, remove duplicates in bulk and then restore the files back to outlook or just use this other program if it is good enough. I don't use IMAP. Most of my mail is POP3 and I keep it on the server because I access it from multiple locations.

A tool might not exist, but I thought I would ask.