Outflows From U.S. Stocks Swell as Investors Seek Refuge in Bonds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Jul 26, 2018.

1. zdreg

zdreg

“Risk-adjusted returns on stocks versus Treasurys are not as compelling as they have been,” said Brian Nick, chief investment strategist at Nuveen"

it is a self serving statement by someone at a bond house

" “we wait for more clarity on trade concerns” among other risks, such as a resurgent U.S. dollar and the midterm elections this fall."

I am not convinced of a resurgent dollar with a President who does not believe in a strong dollar and a clueless Congress with members from both parties.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Resurgent because of risks, not to do with what Trumpy wants or doesn't - seeing how he is also a reason for much of the risk.

zdreg likes this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

this is great if you are long.... because the dumb money is far from convinced that the bull run is legit.

risk adjust return? haha... 10 year is under 3%... sp500 forward earning yield is at 6%... not to mention the more robust QQQ... dumb money is so dumb.

wait for clarity? that's even a dumber statement.... by the time it's clear to everybody, the price would be at a top.

load up guys... the bull run has a loooooooong way to go.

4. zdreg

zdreg

correct. I have not gotten any stock tips yet from my barber.

5. clacy

clacy

By "barber" do you mean the chain smoking, overweight single mom that cuts your hair at the nearest Sports Clips franchise?

She is on public assistance and doesn't invest in stocks.

I don't think the service sector can be reliable in marking tops with stock advice any longer :(

6. zdreg

zdreg

my immigrant barber who owns 2 stores and lives in a house worth near a million. plus he has occasionally invested in the stock market

based on your posts, if your relatives ask you about investments that will serve as a leading indicator.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  7. comagnum

comagnum

Anyone remember the comments from Ray Dalio on Jan23? Obviously he needed to unwind some of his massive ETF exposure.

upload_2018-7-26_11-12-51.png

murray t turtle and shatteredx like this.
  8. 777

Brinks will keep your money safe, longterm bonds will not.

9. %%
    Many inflow/outflo charts have them selling @ bottom:cool::cool:LOL

#10     Jul 27, 2018