Out of Popes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StarDust9182, Feb 11, 2013.

1. News today is that Pope Benedict is going to resign because of health issues. The prophecy of the popes says we get one more pope.

Is Rome doomed from more than a financial crisis?

2. Ehhh, I always figured Ratz was temporary. Take John Paul, he was pretty frail for quite some time. Vatican poltics....:cool:

3. the Irish betting sites are starting to ramp up.

4. what is the prophecy?

5. pspr

pspr

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with current pope Benedict XVI's successor, a pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

7. jem

jem

I stated that I have been hearing about the next pope being the last pope for a few popes. but I deleted when I saw your link.

great link...
    wikipedia got it.

stating that it unclear whether the last pope line was attached to the olive pope an whether the final pope Peter was added later.

thumbs up to that link.

from wikipedia...

This is usually translated into English as:
    "In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
    Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
    and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
    and the terrible judge will judge his people.
    The End."

However, in the 1595 Lignum Vitae, the line In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit. forms a separate sentence and paragraph of its own, and it is unclear whether it is grammatically related to Gloria Olivae which precedes it, or to Petrus Romanus, which follows it.
    There is a claim[67] that the original list written by St. Malachy does not contain a reference to Petrus Romanus and that the last lines were added to the printed text in Wyon's Lignum Vitæ. This, however, probably cannot be proved, as the original manuscript (if any) probably no longer exists.

8. pspr

pspr

Nostradamus had some quatrain about the last Pope, too. Without Googling it, I'm note sure which one he picked as the last.

9. JamesL

JamesL

When he was elected Pope at the age of 78, he was only considered to be a seat warmer.

10. pspr

pspr

Nutmeg, when your day comes you are going to be in a world of crap over that one. God loves Catholics. (I'm not Catholic btw) You had better start working on your defense now while you have the time. :D

#10     Feb 11, 2013