Out of Disk Space

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjt, Jun 4, 2001.

1. mjt

mjt

white17

Are you referring to my level 2 freezing when the market gets fast? I'll keep an eye on that over the next several days and see what happens.

#11     Jun 6, 2001
  2. white17

white17

MJT, right thats what I meant

#12     Jun 6, 2001
  3. mjt

mjt

white17

No, my level 2 is still freezing.

#13     Jun 7, 2001
  4. tom_p

tom_p

mjt, you mean RediPlus level 2?

#14     Jun 7, 2001
  5. mjt

mjt

Yes, Redi Plus

#15     Jun 7, 2001
  6. tom_p

tom_p

mjt, I'm sorry to hear about all your problems, and hope that they're slowly getting solved. I'm also contemplating trading remotely with Hold Bros, and to be totally honest, I am patiently waiting for your progress reports, as this will be the determining factor of my joining them.

#16     Jun 7, 2001
  7. mjt

mjt

tom p

I don't know if you read all the threads, but I've been having problems getting their software working. Here's the thread

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=1446

Start reading with my post on page 1 and read the next 3 posts.

Aside from certain functions not working, I'm getting no REDI ECN in the level 2 display. I don't mean the entire REDI book; I mean I don't even get the inside market.

So far, not so good. If this doesn't work out, I'll think about going to Echotrade.

#17     Jun 7, 2001
  8. tom_p

tom_p

mjt, yes I had already read those threads. The impression I got from Hold advertising was that having built up a very fast growing business through significant reinvestment, they were now going to concentrate on improving services to the remote trader. You once mentioned trading from Onsite's Great Neck office, so I presume you're from NY (like me). Perhaps you could get the names of others trading Hold's Graybox remotely in the NY area so that you can consult with them (of course with Hold's permission)? Or do you think that you're still in the guinea pig stage? One thing that I have experienced with remote trading is that nothing can be taken for granted (telephone lines, sensitive modems, operating systems, hardware - both on your side and theirs - just so many things that have to click). So your 5 days of juggling and repartitioning your hard disk is your "own problem", as it were. As for the other quirks, I can't believe that the folks from Hold Bros are not reading these threads, and there is every inducement for them to get you up and running smoothly.
    I don't have the series 7, so I eliminated Echotrade from my list.

#18     Jun 7, 2001
  9. mjt

mjt

Actually, I have an account with OnSite through their Great Neck office, but I live (and trade) in Ohio.

Not sure how long I'll give Hold Brothers to come through. Yes, I feel like a guinea pig. I don't know how many remote traders they have, since they only staryed offering remote access late last year.

Anyone else trading with Hold Bro's remotely?

#19     Jun 7, 2001
  10. Klaorman

Klaorman

mjt,

Re: REDI not showing on Level II. You have to right click on the Level II window, select ECN Books and set REDI, ARCA, and BRUT to None (do you notice that ARCA and BRUT don't show up either?). INCA defaults to None already. I don't know why we have to do this. Probably a bug. Also, whenever you close and reopen Graybox, the settings aren't remembered and you'll have to do it again. I mentioned this to support today.

tom_p,

I feel very much like a Hold Brothers guinea pig. But I like their software and will stick around for awhile to let it mature. Their support says there will be a new version soon that should take care of some of the problems.

#20     Jun 7, 2001