Our schools and economy system

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Retief

Retief

Nobody forced her to be a whore. If she wants to memorize the subject matter as opposed to understanding it, that's her choice. People make decisions like this everyday. Some people want to have a lot of money and they don't care if they have to do really boring crap day-after-day to get it. Do CPA's really enjoy poring over spread-sheets? Do tax attorneys really care about reading the latest tax regulations? I doubt it. They just want money.

Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

2. kxvid

kxvid

This is a fairly common viewpoint, which I share about the educational system. I remember throughout much of my grade school education, I'd be lucky to learn a single thing in a whole day. Thus I concluded the ethos of public school education was not so much as to educate as to obfuscate and waste time. The real learning takes place at home for kids and in their spare time if they are an autodidact.

3. The musician Frank Zappa was noted for his exhortation, "Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you've got any guts. Some of you like Pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read."

4. And who will she vote for? The failed system she complains about has conditioned her to vote for the very people that perpetuate that system.

5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Considering that she's familiar with John Taylor Gatto, she'll probably vote for Ron Paul or a similar candidate. She's probably much more informed than most, including yourself.

6. Isn't it Hillsdale College which requires students take a course on the US Constitution to be granted any degree?

Such a course... PLUS a course or two on America around the time of the Revolutionary War... should be a requirement IN HIGH SCHOOL, let alone college.

America has always been a special place. But the Progressives and Leftists have been working for 100+ years to tear it down.. and make it like the rest of the oppressed world. Why? Greed and power. The only defense we have against them is knowledge. And as the Liberal Left continues to influence what knowledge we get "from the system"... the education system continues in most cases to be a laboratory for brain washing.

Oh, you can learn all about America and its principles... but mostly you have to dig it out in the library on your own. Some day, even THAT may not be possible... the Liberals would love to burn the books of our history.. :mad:

7. She's a roman candle. Short bursts of various epiphanies till she becomes jaded, cycnical and burnt out. The system needs her and she becomes part of the system. Ta da, High school graduation, the day when you know everything. The smartest day of your life. I am somebody. The world is your oyster. Pfftttt.. Oh yeah, did I say Pfftttt..... pffftttt...........

8. all i know is life started going downhill after i graduated from college

9. "We are all very special, every human on this planet is so special, "

no. you are not.

#10     Aug 3, 2010