Our Next President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yannis, Mar 28, 2008.

1. So about half of Americans are "Anti-American." Typical conservative logic.

Here is a video that's viewed by nearly 4 million views.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pWe7wTVbLUU

#11     Mar 30, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

No, what I wrote is that those who think like Rev Wright are anti-American, please read carefully before disagreeing with me. I have a lot of respect for the Democrats, most of them are honest, hard-working people who would have nothing to do with those vile speeches in Obama's church. We just have a different view of what the Government should and should not do for the people of this country, that's all.

Are the Republicans more warlike? C'mon friend, the Democrats brought us Vietnam, remember that one?

Btw, wrt to Obama's speech, imo it's a bit too little too late... He stayed there for TWENTY YEARS, and now he's telling us that he's good? That it was his grand mother's fault? "Typical white?" Are all whites racists? He's implying that the whole Wright issue is because of white racism - yeah, right, try again! Pure nonsence a lot of it, that's all.

#12     Mar 30, 2008
  3. #13     Mar 30, 2008
  4. If you go farther, the Democrats also brought us segregation, and even slavery.

I doubt many people think that today's Democratic party is the same as the one even 50 years ago. Otherwise you wouldn't have Strom Thurman, Trent Lott, Richard Shelby and many other southern democrats switching parties. It's clear that today's Republican party is not the same as the one 50 years ago.

#14     Mar 30, 2008
  5. Mister no nothing about economics might have this one right.
    =======================

Democrats, led by Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, are falling all over themselves to see who can come up with the most expensive proposal to bail out the troubled home mortgage industry with tax dollars.

So it's refreshing to hear John McCain, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, refuse to play pander-we-must.

Not only is he opposed to a headlong government bailout, he's also willing to put a large part of the onus for the crisis squarely where it belongs - on irresponsible borrowers who ignored the warning every consumer needs to remember:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03302008/postopinion/editorials/macs_mortgage_rx_104102.htm

#15     Mar 30, 2008
  6. And Obama is absolutely grilling McCain for it, saying he wants to just watch the crisis unfold. Most Americans do not understand that this is exactly what the US should do, so it gets Obama major brownie points. He is harping on the 100 year war thing too, something taken totally out of context, but that doesn't stop Bama from grilling it into the ground anyway. For a guy who wants to play nice, he certainly seems pretty scummy to me.

Can we please start over with some new candidates on both sides? I don't like these.

#16     Mar 31, 2008
  7. What if Hillary really is sincere. What if she knows something that none of the other candidates cannot envision for the future. What is the motive of her desperation? She seems to be clawing and grasping, sinking in the quicksand. Personally, how much more can she gain that anyone could care about. More money? Power? I think she'd like to slap down a few bad boys, but other than that maybe she just wants to help.

#17     Mar 31, 2008
  8. Yannis

Yannis

Are you guys old enough to remember Steve Martin at SNL in the late 70s, playing one of my favorite characters, the medieval judge Theodoric of York? It would go something like this:

"What if Hillary was the one to unite the nation with her honesty and smarts and devotion to America, to become our best President ever, to solve all our problems, herald a new era of prosperity and equality and help the world become a better place, eradicate poverty, uphold justice and peace and goodwill among men... ... ...

Naaaaahhhhhhh!"

:) :) :)

#18     Mar 31, 2008
  9. Yannis

Yannis

10. Yannis

Yannis

And Why Shouldn't McCain Claim Thet He's Not An Economist?

According to my dictionary, an economist is an expert who will explain to you tomorrow why the thing he or she predicted yesterday did not happen today.

:) :) :)

#20     Apr 2, 2008