Our moral culpability for Qana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Aug 2, 2006.

#41     Aug 3, 2006
    #42     Aug 3, 2006
  3. The killing on both sides seems much like a sporting event to both sides...as they gleefully kill each other

The point is that rules are followed in sports, or an infaction, penalty is dispensed by a ref.

With Israel and their opponents, neither side will allow rules to be enforced by any outside entity...there an no penalties but needless senseless killing of innocents.

It is all self righteousness, and rationalization of war crimes on both sides...nothing at all that a civilized world can embrace.

The two wrongs make it right philosophy lives on both sides of the conflict.

#43     Aug 3, 2006
    #44     Aug 3, 2006
  5. And your grand plan to resolve this is....

(crickets chirping)
    (crickets chirping)

#45     Aug 3, 2006
    #46     Aug 3, 2006
  7. What would you two ever do without one another? I think it's sweet!

[​IMG]

#47     Aug 3, 2006
  8. Sorry, I don't swap spit with senior citizens, especially senile ones...:D

#48     Aug 3, 2006
    #49     Aug 3, 2006
  10. Hey!! Wait a minute here. This analogy doesn't work, unless you include the caveat that the bank robber is a known murderer who has just killed a bunch of people. If that is the case (as it is here), are you seriously saying that the cops would have to show that they had 'no option' but to shoot?

And even if the bank robber hadn't just killed a bunch of people, I still say huh???? If a bank robber grabs a hostage and puts a gun to her temple and drags her off, that is it, man!!! The guy is in forfeit, complete forfeit. He has forfeited his right to life at that point, has he not? The cops are supposed to do what, wait until they can run his facial expressions, stance, age, priors, handedness, serotonin levels, weight, height, grade 4 aptitude test results and his breakfast that morning through a computer program in order to come up with a % likelihood that he is going to kill the hostage, before they can use lethal force to end the situation??

Jesus Christ, Z, I am all for innocent until proven guilty but where is the line?? Is there not a line somewhere??

This analogy is crap.

#50     Aug 3, 2006