our dollar has no value!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bat1, Feb 28, 2008.

1. In the longer term, yes. Point taken.

#21     Mar 3, 2008
  2. totally bullshit chart. show me the buying power of USD in GB of memory.

:)

#22     Mar 3, 2008
  3. Most countries have fiat money nowadays.

Now if somebody backed it with oil or gold...

#23     Mar 3, 2008
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Just like the Mogul and Roman Empires. They imploded from over-indulgence, over-consumption etc. etc.
    Reminds me of somewhere

Wake up fatties of the civilized world - and start trying or you'll be history like the dinosaur. Big fat body and an undersized pea sized brain !!

#24     Mar 3, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Find 1913 on the chart. That's when the Federal Reserve was born.

In spite of people's general believe that the fed is supposed to "fight inflation", quite the opposite. THEY MANUFACTURE INFLATION... and destroy the purchasing power of our money. Duh!

If you can deduce (1) WHY they do what they do, and (2) WHO BENEFITS from this behavior, you'll be on the road to understanding the financial mess that is America today.

#25     Mar 3, 2008
  6. amylase

amylase

So if the USD goes to 1000000USD = 1 Yuan or
    100000000000000USD = 1 Euro that would be super wonderful for the US economy since US exports would flood the world and no one can compete with U.S. at these ridiculous low price levels?

competitive devaluation never worked.

#26     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Actually, <b>every</b> single national currency in the world, without exception, is currently fiat paper.
    The Swiss Franc was partially (40%) backed by gold reserves until 2000, when it unfortunately became 100% fiat like all the others.

#27     Mar 4, 2008
  8. Who cares about dollar weakness?
    Only european hotels?

#28     Mar 4, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Short-sighted, smug comment. You're smarter than that.. at least I THOUGHT you were.

#29     Mar 4, 2008
  10. Give me your dollars since they are useless.

John

#30     Mar 4, 2008