our dollar has no value!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bat1, Feb 28, 2008.

1. well if you have any frame of reference you'd know the answer to your question.

Plus I thought you'd like the spelling.

#11     Feb 28, 2008
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

:)

I assume we are looking at the same chart, but the way we see charts vary. I assume you refer to down p/a, I see a bounce forming especially when looking on weekly chart. What will happen after a bounce (if happens) I don't know.

#12     Feb 28, 2008
  3. A weak dollar is actually good for the US economy, as it makes exports more competitive, while discouraging imports.

#13     Feb 28, 2008
  4. Always begin a sentence with a capital letter. We can't take you seriously if you don't know this.

#14     Feb 28, 2008
  5. Always begin a thought with a valid point Aaron...otherwise your "ckicken little" blasts are just that.

#15     Feb 28, 2008
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Yeah, and just in case, lose is with one "o" not two... drives me nuts...

#16     Feb 28, 2008
  7. Stop looking at the charts and look at the bigger picture fellas. We're going to get a new President and Administration. That has to be good for the dollar no matter who is elected. I'd hate to be short when it pops.

SM

#17     Mar 3, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me and a coworker were in Quebec recently. We ate dinner at a sports bar.
    We each had a cheeseburger fries and 2-3 beers apiece. With tax and tip the tab was over $50.00 Canadian.

#18     Mar 3, 2008
  9. Not necessarily true. There are many cases of the dollar falling further after the election of a new president and/or a new Congress. This has especially been true in instances when the new Congress and/or presidencial seat has been governed by Democrats.

Congress is currently controlled by Democrats, as it has been since November of 2006. If Congressional controll remains in the hands of Democrats, and if a Democrat is also then elected as President, there's a chance that the dollar's fall might actually continue or accelerate.

#19     Mar 3, 2008
  10. not sure it makes a rat's ass who is running the asylum

#20     Mar 3, 2008