Our Democracy Hangs by a Thin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by piezoe, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Anyone who believes what network news tells them without verifying it elsewhere is either someone who wants to believe it (like a liberal) or someone too dumb to know otherwise.

#51     Nov 20, 2020
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

All I'm seeing in the US these days is Trump supporter's ( Republicans ) who want to believe what they read online or out of pathological liar Trump's mouth. It's gotten sad and pathetic. Almost as bad as the Covid Deniers in life threatening condition in hospital that insist there is no way Covid did this to them.

The majority of people who "want" to believe classify themselves as "patriots" or "conservative". Like Trump's lawyer Sidney, a "patriot" ( or Scat on here ).

#52     Nov 20, 2020
    trading_jean likes this.
  3. Americans don't like sore losers. Now that is rich coming from the party still whining about Gore, and has never quit bitching about Hillary blowing a layup. You guys have been taking your ball and going home for years. Such short memories you lefties have.

#53     Nov 20, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's what Trump's defense lawyers said in the unhinged tv conference yesterday. Unless we can't believe news conferences because the media dares televise it?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    #54     Nov 20, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

cued....

#55     Nov 20, 2020
  6. smallfil

smallfil

Al Gore went all the way up to the US Supreme Court and not a single extreme liberal asked him to concede while, he contested the US election results. Yet, President Donald Trump is now allowed the same right when there are more incidence of fraud this time out? Gore only had to deal with hanging chads and nothing else. Utter hypocrites, and "do as I say, not as I do" idiots.

#56     Nov 20, 2020
  7. UsualName

UsualName

We have a serious problem in America with people being addicted to conspiracy theory. If you’ll believe climate change is a hoax, you’ll believe anything. It’s been downhill since the science of climate change became open for debate. We have everyone from accountants to tow truck drivers who consider themselves experts in all sorts things now ranging from election software to defense pacts.

It’s awful in America right now.

#57     Nov 20, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

Like Russian hacking 2016 election? lol

delete gdig.jpg

#58     Nov 20, 2020
    traderob likes this.
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Any resemblance between the Gore Bush election, in which 512 votes separated the two candidates at the end of the first Florida vote count and Gore led handily in the popular vote,
    and the 2020 election which Biden one in a landslide in popular vote and an insurmountable victory in the electoral college, is coincidental. I'd recommend brushing up a bit on history. The winner of the Gore v. Bush election was determined by the Supreme Court when they temporarily halted the recount of votes in florida allowing Bush to be certified by Florida as winner, never mind that GWB's Brother was the governor. After certification further analysis of the ballots continued and gore was determined to have been the actual winner in Florida by a small number of votes.* In the meantime, after the Court stepped in , Gore gave a gracious concession speech. There is absolutely nothing except superficials that would make Bush v. Gore and Biden v. Trump comparable. PLEASE BRUSH UP ON HISTORY. I should add, that if you care to apprise yourself of the details of the Court's arguments you will discover the differences between Gore vs Bush and Biden vs Trump are even more diametrically opposed than I have indicated by my brief summary above.

* from Wiki: Media organizations[3][4][5] later analyzed the ballots and found that, under any considered criteria, the originally pursued, limited county-based recounts would have confirmed a Bush victory, whereas a state-wide recount would have revealed a Gore victory. Florida later changed to new voting machines to avoid punch cards, which had produced dimpled or hanging chads.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    #59     Nov 20, 2020
    trading_jean likes this.
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Indeed. And who could have seen this coming?; a most unfortunate a side effect of the information age brought on by technological advances in communication. We are confronted daily with a dog's breakfast of information, disinformation, half truths, "alternative facts" and wild conspiracy theories requiring a seemingly impossible level of credulity; nevertheless, here we are in a quagmire, up to our knees in garbage tweeted daily by a dangerous man holed up in the People's House, while refusing to acknowledge our eviction notice.

#60     Nov 20, 2020