Our Democracy Hangs by a Thin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by piezoe, Nov 19, 2020.

1. And who has been saying not my president? Who has been relentlessly trying to oust that president from office? Democrats.

#11     Nov 19, 2020
    elderado likes this.
  2. Yes Alice, there is a moral equivalence between the parties whether you want to admit it or not. There are no clean hands in this.

#12     Nov 19, 2020
  3. Ricter

Ricter

The problem is we have two working classes, the "whites" and the browns (I'm not putting that in quotes because they actually are brown), both reliant on government assistance in our highly stratified society, but the former does not want to share with the latter because the former consider themselves the "better people". That's a little trick that was pulled 200 years ago, to break their unified rebellion against the dictatorial property owning leisure class.

#13     Nov 19, 2020
  4. Ricter

Ricter

And who was saying it before Trump? Clue: the other party.

Now come back and say, yeah, both sides do it, I meant to mention that in my initial reply. :D

#14     Nov 19, 2020
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

And there you go again missing that very important factor. Intentionally or otherwise.

#15     Nov 19, 2020
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Um, alright. That wasn't where I was going but there's some truth to your statements.

#16     Nov 19, 2020
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

"It appears likely that Trump will try a new gambit to overturn the state's election results by pressing the lawmakers to dump the votes and appoint their own electors who would vote for the President instead"

Trump Invites MI GOP Leaders To White House Amid Desperate Efforts To Overturn Biden Win
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...-amid-desperate-efforts-to-overturn-biden-win

President Donald Trump has invited Michigan’s top Republican lawmakers to the White House on Friday as he furiously works to steal President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the battleground state, according to multiple reports.

The Detroit News reported that Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey (R) and House Speaker Lee Chatfield (R) are slated to visit Trump.

The President also asked Shirkey to extend the invitation to other Michigan GOP lawmakers, according to the New York Times.

It is not yet known what the meeting will be about. However, it appears likely that Trump will try a new gambit to overturn the state’s election results by pressing the lawmakers to dump the votes and appoint their own electors who would vote for the President instead.

Shirkey told Bridge Michigan earlier this week that a scenario in which Republicans overrule the will of the voters by handing the state to Trump is “not going to happen.”

“We are going to follow the law and follow the process,” he said.

News of the upcoming meeting arose amid the chaos prompted by two GOP Wayne County canvassers in Michigan abruptly attempting to “rescind” their votes to certify the election in their county, which includes Detroit. Monica Palmer, one of those Republican canvassers, revealed that Trump had called her prior to her and her GOP colleague filing their request to take back their votes, which has virtually zero chance of succeeding.

#17     Nov 19, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is total bullshit. The country won't stand for such blatant disregard for the electoral process.

Want to prove fraud? Do so. Show the evidence. Can't? I'm sorry. But you don't get to tell lawmakers to dump legal votes and overrule the will of the people. IF this article has a shred of truth and IF that is what the President intends, I highly doubt the country will stand for it.

But I can't believe this is what Trump is trying to do.

#18     Nov 19, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Well the news of this meeting is being carried in nearly every news outlet...

AP
    Trump summons Michigan GOP leaders for extraordinary meeting
    https://apnews.com/article/trump-invites-michigan-gop-white-house-6ab95edd3373ecc9607381175d6f3328

CNN
    Trump courts Michigan GOP leaders in bid to overturn election he lost
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html

#19     Nov 19, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

He works for us not the other way around. You don't get to like your boss when he's paying you

#20     Nov 19, 2020