Our corrupt moronic "leader"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Look what a "C" student became or something to that effect. I guess there were quite a few within W's own class that could claim being more intelligent than the Pres. Would you define someone as intelligent with a "C" grade point average? I believe that is average and not a highly developed degree of intelligence. Maybe he spent too much time partying and not getting enough of "dem dare book smarts."

well, let's see...a C student at Yale is probably an A student at many public universities...so I really don't think that kicking a guy who went to school with some of the brightest people in this country is a fair comparison...Hell, the guy went to Yale and Harvard Business School...granted, he had connections, but you would think the guy went to Southeastern Central Texas State(not an actual school), with all the shit this guy takes for his supposed lack of intelligence...

#51     Jul 1, 2002
  2. it's true across the board...it ain't about smarts, it's about heart.

#52     Jul 1, 2002
  3. good points on all fronts...I agree that there is a perception of a lack of leadership and there is also a massive fear with our Treasury Secretary who is definitely out to lunch...Even if this is some devious plan that he is hatching, no one is really going to wait around to figure out if this is some sort of joke or not...

The big issue is how or what would have happened had these same circumstances been present 3,4,5 years ago...In fact, to a lesser extent, the Fall of 1998 was very similar to our current situation...Only at that time we did not have a war on terrorism that was threatening our own soil...But we had the same lack of respect and distrust with Bill Clinton and his perjury and obstruction during those few months...We had currency crises around the globe and our markets were getting obliterated...The one difference is we had a Federal Reserve in a position of power and Robert Rubin, in his shrewd and calculating manner, knowing full well how best to exploit the markets and get a massive rally out of them...Nowadays, there are some subtle attempts at the same type of manipulation, but without the foreign money and with the plunging dollar, it is a lost cause...

I really don't think that any US President could fight this fight that we currently have...Things look bleak on almost all fronts...And it is no longer just a matter of perception or a temporary lull in between bull cycles...Now, I am afraid, this has become a permanent condition...And we may not have even seen the beginning of the extreme onslaught of selling...That is what is truly frightening...

#53     Jul 1, 2002
  4. someone who studies in moscow isn't fit to be president of the US.

#54     Jul 1, 2002
  5. #55     Jul 1, 2002
  6. Hehe.. cute one, Gekko.

#56     Jul 1, 2002
  7. peter77

peter77

chas

"someone who studied in Moscow isn't fit to be pres"

That is one of your all time dumbest posts, someone who has studied in Moscow, London, Paris, Mexico City, Ottawa, Berlin, Tokyo, and the USA would be the perfect president. The absolute smartest thing Bush has done is try, quite successfully, to turn Russia into a closer ally. I give him major credit for that.

#57     Jul 1, 2002
  8. whatever. i don't think communist sympathizers have any business being commander in chief of America. But, it's just my silly notion, I suppose.

yeah, a closer ally. and you think communism is dead, too, I'll bet.

#58     Jul 1, 2002
  9. peter77

peter77

Here I've been worrying about Islamic fundamentalist terroists and it turns out I should still be worrying about Castro and the commies.

#59     Jul 1, 2002
  10. yeah. there are lots of threats to freedom.

#60     Jul 1, 2002