Our corrupt moronic "leader"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Chas,

I find your comment judging another as arrogant and irreverent completely out of line and a personal attack.

You have no idea whether I'm arrogant. I've been described as very intelligent with my biggest drawback being I'm self-effacing, not withstanding the intelligence crack. I'd be more than happy to square off with "W" on Jeopardy any day of the week.... :D I'm confident but nowhere close to arrogant, check with my brother if you desire arrogance!!!!!

Do I respect W, No!!!! Nor do I have any respect for Clinton. I see no reason for W earning my respect from the actions or inactions related to his obtaining the presidency, his job performance or his background. I find W to be boring, stiff and rather poor at projecting his thoughts while in the media. I find all politicians a bit difficult to swallow regardless of party affiliation.

If leadership skills are proportional to IQ, why are so many bright people failures? As if IQ is the key to character? NOT.

IMO, W is the poster boy for the above statement. I submit all three; leadership, IQ and character, can be mutually exclusive. One needn't have an exception IQ to have great character nor be a leader. Making it in politics is more about pedigree and financing and less about character and IQ.

I have enough of this thread and bid you good day........

#41     Jun 30, 2002
  2. Welp, if a guy who goes around telling people he's smarter than the president isn't arrogant, I don't know who is.

You can call it an 'attack' if you want. That way you'd be a victim, the liberal idea of honor. All I did was answer according to your own words. Really, you attack yourself.

And if I misunderstood, or took the quote out of context (and I hope I did), then please accept my apology.

#42     Jun 30, 2002
  3. Nice analogy Chase. Well we know Clinton is a dog, chasing any female in heat. But Bush a hyena? Here's an excerpt from MSN's Encarta describing the hyena:

"Hyenas have small heads that contain massive jaws and teeth. A prominent anal pouch, located under the base of the long, bushy tail, is used for scent marking.

Hyenas usually associate in strongly territorial clans, which are centered around communal dens."

Just like the Bush family!

#43     Jun 30, 2002
  4. LOL...clinton is no doubt a dog...while he was out hittin' it bush was home watching dukes of hazard reruns...

#44     Jun 30, 2002
  5. I know I said I had enough of this thread, I have a parting comment.

If you feel that I'm arrogant, definition... feeling or showing proud self-importance and contempt or disregard for others, Then there are a good number of people who feel the same way regarding W's IQ, etc.

By W's own admission at a Yale commencement ceremony I believe, Look what a "C" student became or something to that effect. I guess there were quite a few within W's own class that could claim being more intelligent than the Pres. Would you define someone as intelligent with a "C" grade point average? I believe that is average and not a highly developed degree of intelligence. Maybe he spent too much time partying and not getting enough of "dem dare book smarts."

Later, got better things to do than debate W's intelligence that by his own admission is average at best..........

Great hyena analogy!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

#45     Jun 30, 2002
  6. There is no contest between between character and IQ, if one is forced to choose. Rarely do the two meet.

Do I have to choose between an honest man and an intelligent one? There is no choice. Do I have to choose between a faithful man and a shrewd one? Again, no choice.

Human intelligence is a marvelous thing, especially when one considers the Intelligence that was behind its design.

But people who swagger around talking about how intelligent they are, and how unintelligent others are, well, all I can do is pity them.

King David: "I do not concern myself with things too high for me."

If you're intelligent, great. More power to you, unless you boast about it. If you can manage to stay humble, God bless you. You may have great things to contribute (as Chris Padgett of Scarecrow and Tinmen says, the gift is a reflection of the Giver). If you're not intelligent, don't worry. The race is not always to the swift.

Sometimes it goes to those of us who are thick enough to show up every day and just plug along.

Best.

#46     Jul 1, 2002
  7. it was supposed to be clinton = hyena but I wrote it wrong. anyway it was disrespectful.

#47     Jul 1, 2002
  8. Crackedback,

I am not a GWB fan, but I also know that intelligence manifests itself in many ways, only one of which is one's GPA. Remember Einstein?

Chasinfla,

Thank you for your posts in this thread. They have been enlightening and refreshing.

#48     Jul 1, 2002
  9. Wonder, thanks for your very kind remarks and your gentle way of putting forth your opinions.

I missed your earlier post, sorry I didn't respond prior.

In missing your post, I also missed those ridiculous remarks by others about x42 being 10 times the president...yadda yadda (chasinfla is beside himself with incredulity that a sane human being can believe such a thing...Interestingly, I notice something that seems universally true: The people who love clinton are the same people who express things like 'America sucks,' and, 'Christianity is for losers.' Yeah, he thinks that too).

To that idea, I can only say that, had bc faced 9/11, he'd be 10 times the basket-case he already is and so would the country. I can't prove it, 'cause it didn't happen. But if I could have taken a position on it, I'd have done so with the farm.

#49     Jul 1, 2002
  10. peter77

peter77

The trouble with having a leader who isn't too sharp is everyone takes advantage of you.

Saying the leader has "character" is like saying about a football player he is great "in the locker room". Not much of a compliment.

Wall street, Bay street, Fleet street, the Bourse, Tokyo, HK, all know we lack leadership. It shows in the economy and in the games they play. Thousands of OUR people will be unemployed as a result.

There are countries in the G8 that are blowing us out of the water in economic performance. The euro was around .80 to the buck when Mr. Bush got elected, now its almost par.

Prime Minister Sharon compared our Pres Bush to Neville Chamberlain, the British PM who caved in to Hitler before Churchill bailed us out. I find it outrageous that Sharon would show such lack of respect for an American pres, but then again he senses weakness, and basically tells Bush to buzz off whenever he feels like it.

Yes, we can bomb the hell out of a stone age culture from 30000 ft, but when we are up against our competitors in the G8, they are kicking our ass, and rather than fighting back with American economic power, we are hiding behind protectionism, which is a signal to world of weakness. Poor Bush just doesn't get it.

Bush might be a decent guy, I certainly wouldn't call him a moron, and Gore sure isn't the answer, but it would be nice to have a real sharp guy at the top.

#50     Jul 1, 2002