Our corrupt moronic "leader"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Thanks babak....I agree.

Take chas and I - a couple weeks ago we were ready to kill each other, but now it's more interesting for us to get along and debate anything to our fullest. Chas is a smart guy and I'm not going to come out and call him an idiot. I'll call bush an idiot, and chas may take issue with that, but we're no fasterpussycats here and we respect each other. Both bush and gore respect our rights to criticize them, too. It's part of their job to take our abuse and criticism.

I don't care if you write "gore is a big stinky idiot" or "hilary chokes on ...." - whatever. In fact, I strongly urge you to do so if that is how you feel. I think it was legit for me to say bush is a moron, and the point of a "debate" is for someone else to retort that gore or clinton or whoever is a moron, too.

Some of these chit chat threads are turning out to be really interesting debates and they will get deleted or killed if ET members start attacking each other...just my .02...

#31     Jun 29, 2002
  2. that's one tall order, chas baby...

let's not forget that our nation was founded by a bunch of anarchists that were fed up with the british. we are a bunch of muts, rejects, and entrepreneurs, and i am proud of that. the problem is that now we think we're something else - it's human nature for the victim to eventually strive to become their enemy - so we've gone from being freedom hunters to imperialists.

i think this country is great, but i think freedom is even greater.

as for choosing to become religious or not, the problem is not that our constitution doesn't guarantee sufficient freedom, it's that the working branch of our government is composed of white, middle-class, christians who consider their choices to be right for everybody. thus there is an inherent bias concerning what is "freedom" and what is not. "freedoms" that should be protected are those that agree with the judeo-christian moral code.

here's a better example of what i'm referring to, one that we should be all familiar with - the PDT rule. sure, it's unconstitutional and unfair, but the majority of the public (again, this is the group of people that makes up the working branch of govt designed to ensure that our freedoms are realized) thinks "DAYTRADING IS BAD. THESE BASTARDS TOOK MY MONEY." and so on, so there is no real effort to ensure that those of us who wish to daytrade are allowed to do so.

as for einstein, he eventually invented his own religion. if that isn't a case for my argument, i don't know what is....but please chas - start a new thread if you want to re-open this can of worms.

#32     Jun 29, 2002
  3. peter77

peter77

bung, I'm starting to like you, but the best line on this thread belongs to crack "when I'm more intelligent than the president, something is seriously wrong"

lol

#33     Jun 30, 2002
  4. When the WTC was attacked I was glad Bush was president and not Gore and especially not Bill and Hillary. As time has passed I think he is a good war time president who has guts and the ability to work within the confines of a democracy. No time now for a wimpy, immoral, political type leader.

#34     Jun 30, 2002
  5. bung, im sorry. i can't do your thing justice there, so I'll cop out and take the last line. Einstein said, "God does not play dice with the universe." Newton wrote two books on the prophetic scriptures in Daniel and Revelation.

One of these days maybe I'll track down and assemble in one place the testimonies of faith by other true contributors to the benefit of the mankind.

#35     Jun 30, 2002
  6. welp, what else would you expect an arrogant and irreverent people to think?

and try this thesis:

If leadership skills are proportional to IQ, why are so many bright people failures? As if IQ is the key to character? NOT.

"Knowledge puffs up."

The best leader need not be the one with the highest IQ. The best leader has the best developed character (you might substitute backbone here, and not lose too much of the meaning).

Communication skills and a genuine compassion for people are certainly to be desired more than raw iq.

Can you imagine a draft dodger leading a nation in wartime. Wretch. We sure dodged a bullet there.

This is an expression of humanism, that more smarts and more gadgets are what we need. What crap.

You had every starry eyed geek and every whiz bang gadget at your disposal, and children still carried guns into their classrooms and slaughtered their fellows for f***ing fun.

All the while, Robert Rubin's mates were telling you that the old things were passed away, and that the future was infinite, so, buy, buy, buy! And the cult leader dazzled the people with his 'charm,' and nodded and winked. While you were buying thier vision, guess whose shares you were buying?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the clinton presidency was the biggest Ponzi scheme in memory.

(Even a child, if trained properly, knows right from wrong. Dogs, too, for that matter.)

#36     Jun 30, 2002
  7. and hey, the dupes are in goooood company. to wit:

<a href="http://www.tradersmagazine.com/articledetail.cfm?mag_id=1&aid=1112&year=2002">Source.</a>

#37     Jun 30, 2002
  8. if it makes you feel any better, i voted for george w. bush.

#38     Jun 30, 2002
  9. Chasinfla wrote: "Can you imagine a draft dodger leading a nation in wartime. Wretch. We sure dodged a bullet there."

Well if you call Clinton a dodger then you have to call Bush one too.

#39     Jun 30, 2002
  10. No, no, I don't think so. clinton and President Bush have no more in common than a German Shepherd has with a hyena.

#40     Jun 30, 2002