Our corrupt moronic "leader"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 26, 2002.

1. When I'm more inteligent than the president, there is something seriously wrong!!!!! :D

#11     Jun 27, 2002
  2. skrilla

skrilla

Chas, how can someone vouch for the integrity of the president. he's a politician. there has to be some element of bs be it more or less than the prior president.

"Do we expect the system made for the elect
    To possibly judge correct?
    Properly serve and protect?"

- Lauryn Hill

#12     Jun 27, 2002
  3. Josh_B

Josh_B

...The Wall Street Journal report of yesterday that George H.W. Bush, the father of President Bush, works for the bin Laden family business in Saudi Arabia through the Carlyle Group, an international consulting firm....

http://www.vigo-examiner.com/Oct0101c.htm

It's really about special interests and $$$. All else is smoke and mirror so the public gets fleeced.

Most of not all politicians are the same. Different faces same agendas.

Josh

#13     Jun 27, 2002
  4. Amen.

Monica Lewinsky had a longer and more recognized history of civil service than W!

I don't know about you but I at least expect my president to be able to stand toe to toe with the press and answer serious questions. This assclown can't say hello without a teleprompter and a dress rehearsal.

#14     Jun 27, 2002
  5. Clinton was ten times the president W will ever be.

The guy cheated on his wife and lied about it? So what! Guys do that ALL THE TIME!

This guy had an understanding of what it takes to make this world work better, and, like someone here mentioned, didn't need a full scale dress rehearsal to tell anyone about it.

#15     Jun 27, 2002
  6. Chasi,

When GWB first got into office, he came off as a dull minded, naive, arrogant man, who knew nothing of international relations and made one stupid move after another (Kyoto, ABM treaty, etc.). The only relief to the country's embarrassment has been the fact that he wasn't elected, but rather cheated his way into office. Most presidents initially make some mistakes before they get very good at the job, so some of this can be forgiven. However, he follows up these rather brash foot-in-mouth missteps by being absent on September 11, and then proceeds to do more to institute a Big Brother style larger government (which is decidedly non-republican) than any president in history. Eighteen years late, but Big Brother is now.

That being said, I truely hope you are right about this one. Believe it or not, I'm usually pretty good at keeping an open mind, so I will try to do so in this instance. To his credit, he's done slightly better in the last bit. Still though, there's been a lot of bumbling with the middleeast.

I think, as you state, that the lack of an endoskeleton is the real problem. It seems that he waits until the general populous is screaming "duh!! Do THIS!" for awhile, takes a poll, and then declares the obvious action or policy, as if it were his own.

Still, I will try to keep an open mind, and maintain some hope of being surprised. :)

#16     Jun 28, 2002
  7. Clinton was 10x the president anybody will ever be! It especially sucks for W having to follow that act.

I just can't believe that people were stupid enough to vote for W. Whenever I met someone who voted for him, I'd ask why, and they'd be like "well, I didn't like that Gore..." Nobody could ever give me a good reason for making W president. They thought they could trust him. I'll puke if he gets re-elected.

Although, next election, W's going to have to work really really hard to try and shut up all of the people who are going to come out with all kinds of dirt. You think Clinton was scandalous?? W makes Clinton look like Pee-Wee Herman - a bit perverted, but not a bad guy.

#17     Jun 28, 2002
  8. Atlantic

Atlantic

let me tell you that the weirdest thing is your electoral system.

it's good to have traditions (perhaps) - but if one can become the pres with a minority of votes - and a supreme court is needed to find a solution - it's somehow unbelievable.

#18     Jun 28, 2002
  9. yep, the US does truly suck. it's funny that we think we're so much "better" than anyone else, considering all the shit we put up with from our government, and the lack of freedoms we have compared to western europe and scandinavia. then of course, there's the fact that US is the most religious nation, next to the middle east, which makes life even more difficult for the free thinkers....

#19     Jun 28, 2002