Ouch!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, May 12, 2005.

1. You suck with your 8 month trade!!!

By the time you averaged down like an idot to make a 0% return on 8 months of hard labour, by that time i played the break through 1.30 and cashed in at 1.35! Then i sat on my ass and in the end i still made more money than you :)

#31     May 17, 2005
  2. AK100

AK100

You don't have to trade to make good money in FX.

Why not view it as a stock price and add just a touch of leverage for good measure. Then you can ride those mega trends up/down very easily. You're not going to make 100's% a year, not even close but from a risk-adjusted point of view they can be stunning trades.

Soros perhaps the master of FX (even before the sterling debacle) made his name/fortune by riding multi-year trends in the 70's and 80's. Why try and be a hero and have the hassle of trading in and out (remember most people aren't that good at trading) when it's safer and possibly far more lucrative to sit, sit, and then sit some more.

#32     May 17, 2005
  3. AK100

AK100

Doesn't it get boring when people go on and on about how much money they make, how they caught the bottom, sold the top, make more in a week that you make in a month etc etc.

Can you imagine being one of their friends, all the time money, money, money.

Of course little do they realise that it simply translates their class to us all, or lack of it. Must have all come from really shitty backgrounds, cheap schools, dreadful housing estates etc. Because if you've grown up with money and been very well educated there's little point in bragging about what to you is a normal life.......:D :D :D :D

#33     May 17, 2005
  4. Do you trade for a fun challenge? A way of spiritual enlightment?

I'm in for the money!

#34     May 17, 2005
  5. *BUSTS UP LAUGHING*

I thought so too. :D

Although, successfully traversing and negotiating a 1600-point climb against my trade direction (short EUR/USD) and walking out alive with under a $60 hit, after 8-months, wasn't such a bad feat. :cool:

The Coin

#35     May 17, 2005
  6. Had you closed and reversed, as i told you to on last november, you would have made enough profits to cover your losses, and then some.

There just no point in shorting an up-trend, and not wanting to see what is happening. Sorry dude, i don't hate you, i think you're funny, but don't make me buy that counter-trend trading is a viable system!

#36     May 17, 2005
  7. I do not think this as a trade. It is a classic " Hail Mary" position and a very bad one...
    As some fellow ET's mentioned where was your stop loss?
    You would/should have been fired in a financial institution for this illogical position..
    Sorry but this is the truth...

#37     May 17, 2005
  8. Guys, this is Coinz you're talking about here. He takes no losses and just disappears for months at a time while he's under water. One of the more persistent shills for a certain forex broker, but hey, what trader wouldn't love never taking a loss.

I suppose martingale would work if you take $100 position lots on a six-figure account, but you probably wouldn't make much either; I think his method is more for those who accept they have no clue whatsoever about what they are trading. :)

#38     May 17, 2005
  9. syrre

syrre

I never ever take that much heat :)

#39     May 17, 2005
  10. Yeah, as if you know ANYTHING about how I trade, Illiquid.

In your fantasies.

Time for you to get your group of buddies together and spam Baron by flooding him with 100s of emails about me.

That's always worked to get me banned in the past.

*BUSTS UP LAUGHING*

Good luck with that...

sKaLpZ

#40     May 17, 2005