Ouch, Clinton feeds the Romney campaign the best soundbite ever.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Oct 18, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, between this and the Bain thing where he sewered Obama, im starting to wonder if slick willie isnt intentionally underhanding Obama, not only did he say Obama knew the economy wasnt fixed, but he made Obama look like a weak leader who was going to cry about it at the same time.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OeBCWLGoJb0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Clinton at a campaign event in Ohio today: "Governor Romney's argument is, 'We're not fixed, so fire him and put me in.' It is true, we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said in the debate, 'I had so much hope four years ago and I don't now,' I thought he was gonna cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed."

2. pspr

pspr

They should just run that sound bite as is. Clinton told it like it is - for once.

3. jem

jem

slick willy setting it for Hillary vs Romney.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Makes sense if he is, he knows Obama has been an unmitigated disaster, but not only has Obama been an unmitigated disaster, Obama is running that he is the same guy as Clinton, which is also sullying Clinton's name.

The next 4 years are going to be a disaster in my opinion regardless of who is in the whitehouse, we have no choice anymore but to bring the deficit down, Obamacare will be implemented in 2014 which will also help crush the economy, so if Obama gets 8 years of screwing up the economy and being the pathetic leader he was in his first 4, all the while saying he is the same as Clinton, Hilary has no chance in 2016.

5. JamesL

JamesL

I think that's correct. If Hilary wants to run in '16, the danger of following Obama and running against (from?) his record and running against a Christie or Rubio-type candidate will be a far greater challenge than running against Mitt and his record trying to fix this mess. Obama has to lose so that Hilary can win.

6. Max E.

Max E.

Wow now today Hillary Clinton comes out and says what is on the mind of all conservatives, but they cant possibly say it because they will be demagogued to death over it.

This is an incredibly conservative position and it only goes to undermine Obama's attempt to paint conservatives as anti-women.

Hilary to Women: Stop whining

By KEVIN ROBILLARD | 10/18/12 1:58 PM EDT

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says in a new interview that she can’t stand “whining” by women who are unhappy with the work and family choices they’ve made in life and complain that they have no options.

Clinton, in the interview with Marie Claire, was discussing Anne-Marie Slaughter, a former director of policy planning at the State Department who left in 2011. This summer, Slaughter wrote a much-discussed cover story in the Atlantic - “Why Women Still Can’t Have It all” - about leaving her job because of the difficulty of balancing her work at State with the needs of her two teenage boys.

“I can’t stand whining,” Clinton told Marie Claire. “I can’t stand the kind of paralysis that some people fall into because they’re not happy with the choices they’ve made. You live in a time when there are endless choices … Money certainly helps, and having that kind of financial privilege goes a long way, but you don’t even have to have money for it. But you have to work on yourself … Do something!”

Clinton added, “Some women are not comfortable working at the pace and intensity you have to work at in these jobs … Other women don’t break a sweat…They have four or five, six kids. They’re highly organized, they have very supportive networks.”

(See also: PHOTOS: Hillary Clinton's style)

Slaughter, who is now a professor at Princeton University, is traveling and couldn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Clinton wasn’t totally unsympathetic toward issues raised by her former employee. “It’s important for our workplaces … to be more flexible and creative in enabling women to continue to do high-stress jobs while caring for not only children but [also] aging parents,” Clinton said.

In the Marie Claire interview, Clinton also said once again that she has no desire to run for president in 2016.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82586.html#ixzz29gXsD7EK

7. Do you think he really may be thinking like this? I find it kind of crazy at first thought but i suppose its possible.

8. Max E.

Max E.

I cant see how the Clintons could honestly like Obama at this point, Hilary got out in front of what was inevitably going to be pinned on her with Benghazi, they knew Obama would jettison them in a heartbeat to save his own ass. Hilary knew it was coming and wanted to make it appear as though she was being noble by falling on the sword.

We all know that this is not how the Clintons operate though.

The only reason they are fake campaigning for Obama is to maintain their Status within the democratic party.

I cant possibly see Bill being happy with the fact that Obama is now trying to campaign on Bill's record, with his own shitty policy. Plus he cant be happy about the way this shit went down in Libya with the buck stopping at Hilary. Too many underhanded comments that hurt Obama from them so far to dismiss the fact that is may be possible.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah when i hear that, it makes me cringe as to just how much better off the country would have been if a centre left democrat like Clinton would have won, as opposed to the far left radical we currently have in office.

10. pspr

pspr

Hill wouldn't have been a whole lot better, Max. They both subscribe to Saul Alenski's community organizer propaganda. But she is a better liar than Obama. Remember when she said "we got off the plane with bullets whizzing over our heads." ha ha ha ha ha. No bullets. No whizzing. :p

#10     Oct 18, 2012