Other Markets to Trade -Evening Hours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wavetrader, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Do you trade the EUREX at all?

And if you do or have done - What are your experiences?

I'm interested in starting to trade the Europe Markets as well, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Scientist.

#21     Oct 1, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

BlueHorseshoe got it right about US citizens and trading. if you are a US resident you need to trade CFTC approved products. HSI (HK), N225, TOPX (japan), SPI (australia) are offered via IB and all are CFTC approved.

TD80, I disagree and don't think they are any more wild these days than the dax or even the e-minis, sure we get large moves from time to time but nothing like the 500 point daily swings we were getting 5-10 years ago. it also isn't hard to get flat by the end of the AM session which is probably a good time for you to get some sleep :)

if you trade via IB, you can request to be placed on the HK server and avoid the nightly reset. It will become less of an issue later this month with the change from daylight savings time.

finally, this just in.... GBL, GBM, GBS (german bond 10/5/2yr) futures AND futures-options are now available for US customers via IB. These futures are the biggest traded contracts in Europe.  We will offer the options as well.

#22     Oct 1, 2003
  3. The DAX is the only Eurex contract I trade.
    PM me with any ?'s you have. I'm more then happy to answer them.

#23     Oct 1, 2003
  4. BND

BND

Walther,

Mostly bund, bobl and shaz. I also trade the US bond and note contracts.

#24     Oct 1, 2003
  5. What time does BUND, BOBL and SCHATZ start and end trading - in East Coast time?

I also trade US Bonds, but I'm looking to trade the BUND - I've heard the volume is tremendous in it. Plus, I also want to trade during the evenings and early mornings.

Does it trend nicely like the US Bonds and Notes? Which do you prefer to trade - BUND or BOBL?

Thanks for your response to my barrage of questions.

#25     Oct 1, 2003
  6. Sorry, momotrdr. Don't quite understand TS @ EC.

Also, do you know what the symbol is for Euro FX? What exchange does it trade on? Is it the same as USD/CAD?

Thanks.

#26     Oct 1, 2003
  7. Do you have a website where I can get more information on trading these contracts? Also, what time does it start and end per day? Are these good vehicles for daytrading? Which brokers do you use?

Thanks for your time.

#27     Oct 1, 2003
  8. The Bund is the most liquid interest product on Eurex. It opens 11 pm west coast- 2 AM east coast. Commission also very good.

Enjoy the action-----1000 lots taken at a time.

#28     Oct 1, 2003
  9. TD80

TD80

Bund currently opens at 2:00am eastern time. It is one of my all time favorite contracts! You could easily work a 100 contract order without any real effect on the market. European markets are moderately different in nature than the US markets. They tend to have bursts of activity, and then may just languish for many hours in a very narrow chop-fest. My experience has been they tend to trade in slow-motion compared to the NQ/ES/YM. There seems to be a bit of correlation between the bund market and european indices also, but I have no hard data on this. Generally a move in the bund takes alot longer to happen than say the DAX or ESTX50. It's tradeoff between liquidity and slow motion, and a bit less liquid but quicker gratification.

Goodluck,

#29     Oct 1, 2003
  10. big size balony fake orders in eurex contracts than

us contracts overnight ? makes sense to me ...

at least once or twice an hour overnight I see big size
    bid / offer in us products on bid or ask then it is pulled / canceled

#30     Oct 1, 2003