Other Markets to Trade -Evening Hours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wavetrader, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

If you want crazy futures action that kinda mimics the YM, then you have to trade the hang seng at night. You can even do it with IB in the same account. I tried it last year and I got my butt kicked but that wasn't because of lack of opportunities.

#11     Sep 30, 2003
  2. is eSignal a reliable datafeed for Hang Seng futures? Any links to sites with more info?

Thanks,

-FastTrader

#12     Sep 30, 2003
  3. bro59

bro59

What about Honk Kong futures through IB? The feed is free, the commish fair, no?

#13     Sep 30, 2003
  4. The DJ Eurostoxx opens at 2AM CT and trades pretty lockstep with ES in the overnight session. In fact, the Eurostoxx often leads the ES in the overnight session. If/when the markets get volatile overnight sessions, there will be plenty of opportunity there.

#14     Sep 30, 2003

5. US citizens can trade absolutely anything and everything.

The CFTC restricts US RESIDENTS' trading of certain overseas futures and options contracts.

Just to clarify .... them be facts.

#15     Sep 30, 2003
  6. TD80

TD80

Be careful with the asian markets. They are wild and the mid-day break is practically like holding overnight. Also if you use IB you'll be out of luck for the asian morning session as their maintenance schedule will prevent you from being logged in for the last 45 mins of the morning session.

That said, I love eurex. I am on the east coast, if you are an insomniac trader than eurex is your best bet. Check out the Bund and Eurostoxx 50, also the DAX can be fun (but not as liquid).

Goodluck,

#16     Oct 1, 2003
  7. JT47319

JT47319

#17     Oct 1, 2003
  8. What bonds do you trade ?
    Thanks
    Walter

#18     Oct 1, 2003
  9. I trade the DAX. Its the best bang for your buck.

#19     Oct 1, 2003
  10. ROFL!!! :p

Question: Who of these two is blonde and has an IQ below centigrade room temperature?

a) Britney Spears
    b) Stan Goff
    c) Britney Spears

#20     Oct 1, 2003