Other high leverage products like the ES???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EminitraderDM, Jul 6, 2009.

1. I have a system that I put together for the ES that is quite profitble and id like to try it on other products. Is there anything else that compares to the volume of the Emini S&P?

Thanks in advance!

2. Trsy futures come to mind...

3. never heard of that actually, ill check it out.

4. Trsy = Treasury.

5. thank you for that. sounds interesting

6. forex, etfs and a number of nearby futures contracts are liquid.

But you better do a lot of homework before blindly delving in. The stock indexes march to their own drummer when it comes to price action.

7. im pretty sure you know what you mean. thats good advice

8. I trade futures. Stock indexes always had very different profit/loss/trend and other behavior compared to commodities and other similar things. For example, soybeans are relatively liquid, but I would not advise an NQ (emini naz) trader to jump in. Just because their charts look similar to a 12 year old...

Trying to apply stock index knowledge and then jump into currencies/forex or other things can leave you scratching your head. It is very important to deeply understand the instruments you plan to trade with real money.

9. Try Forex.

But not the junk passing as a no dealing desk broker.

A true ECN style broker can provide quotes from most major dealers with some of the tightest spreads, sometimes your choice spreads. You can use most order types, 24 hour market.

Do you like to trade around a position and trade size, trade EUR/USD. Do you like momentum scalping, then GBP/JPY is for you.

Commission is comparable with most retail equity brokers, but you do get discounts when you trade past a certain amount of notional value per month.

Anything more than 100 to 1 leverage is just playing hot potato with a hand grenade.