OTC options - broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by Kosmita, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Kosmita

Kosmita

Vanilla

#11     Jan 3, 2008
  2. There aren't any registered retail dealers offering OTC vanillas on US index markets. SocGen offers vanillas to European clients. ABN AMRO offers touch exotics for German, Austrian and UK residents.

Banks don't offer OTC vanilla options to retail.

#12     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Kosmita

Kosmita

Hmm hard to explain, but i'm not sure it this one offers OTC options, or if he just make transactions on his own resposibility (maby he make hedge in some different way - dont know). But check the picture. You've got Vanilla options, and you can choose the expiration day. So it's not a standarized option.

Offcourse USA/CASH = DJIA. So it's typical vanilla option with free to set up expiration date. You know any other broker which provide options like this one?

#13     Jan 3, 2008
  4. Not a registered dealer. I'll be happy to make you a market on anything you wish. Polish FX dealer offering vanillas on FX and equity index?

#14     Jan 3, 2008
  5. Kosmita

Kosmita

i've never mentioned that i'm looking for registered dealer. I know what i need so i look for that. I'll check the opinion abaut dealer on my own. If you know any other like this one - please let me know.

This one offer vanillas for small range fx product and equity index - you saw the whole list. But it's a very small dealer, i thought maby there is a bigger one (hard to find)

#15     Jan 3, 2008
  6. With a 98% hit ratio about how soon till you shut down the entire market as we know it?

We should take the other side of your trades. With those cant lose systems the biggest winner is always the contra party as long as they have some patience.

#16     Jan 3, 2008
  7. Kosmita

Kosmita

so high ratio makes the whole problem. Small dealer = small money. I just wait till the moment when they change some conditions and my ratio will be much lower. That's why i need bigger dealer, where even small money doesnt matter:) Maby the conditions will not be so good as i have now, but achieving ratio at 70% lvl is still enough.

#17     Jan 3, 2008
  8. MTE

MTE

Oh, c'mon, you are telling us that your system only works with options exactly 7 days to expiration!? So if it's 6 days then it doesn't work? I wouldn't even dare to ask about 5 days!:D

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. Kosmita

Kosmita

don't know if it work's for shorter periods, becouse i don't know any dealer, which offer options for less than 7 days.

For longer periods it works much much worse

#19     Jan 4, 2008
  10. does your method work for any other underlying besides the DJIA or other indieces? does it work for fx underlying? there are slightly more dealers for fx options that have 7 day options with an expiry each day....

#20     Jan 4, 2008