otc automation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by infolode, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Only interesting if you can hedge it, or get out of it reliably.

Any limit order that does not cross the spread is passive.

Range bound when price trades around a mean. Not range bound when trending. [And trading trending prices is reserved for morons, liars, lucky punters, and insiders .. but that's another topic].

Some combinations of instruments will always track around a mean.

And some of those have a wide spread on at least 1 side.

#11     May 14, 2011
  2. Ran across this forum/topic through google so I thought I would make an account and contribute to the thread.

Ive been wanting to get into this for sometime now. I have a part time set up, full time job elsewhere, that still allows me the time to use TDA linked with eSignal. Its horrible and I want to get away. Recently got an account with Trade Ideas Pro and have been watching the alerts come through each day. Deviation breakouts, unusual number of prints, moving average crossings, etc. for those who have used TI Pro they know what im talking about. In any case, I have been watching the alerts come through and have observed, not taken part in, but observed massive gains over a 2 day period, +/-100% gain in 100 minutes. The problem is: by the time I have my finger on the buy button, I have to pay a 30% premium and who wants this. Then I was on youtube and saw a greybox solution that works along with TI Pro, maybe I will give this a try. However, I need to go direct access and get setup with a platform that will work with eSignal & TI Pro (most already pair well with TI). Problem: I cant find a broker that will cooperate, either rates are too high, or IB wont give you a Pink L2 quote, or Lightspeed wont quote pinks at all though their platform. Its a problem. Stirling or REDI + TI Pro + eSignal + Cyborg sounds like it would be a killer, although not truly automated/blackbox, but you dont need that for pinks anyway due to the lack of liquidity. Developing a grey box system that could analyze the sudden movement in a pink, and make an entry point would be the key. Best of luck in your search.

If someone can fill in the blank above with a direct access broker that is good for otc/pinks I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

$treet

#12     May 16, 2011