OSTK ceo

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SWScapital, Aug 17, 2005.

1. 528000 at 41.53

If that's Bryne, there really isn't much float left, if you believe his story.

Anybody got anytning on this?

#51     Sep 12, 2005
  2. #52     Sep 12, 2005
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Fly I hope you are in on this. Looks like things have started to get interesting. It is just amazing to watch it trade, just a few thousand shares and it pops a $ in less than a minute. If the momo money ever gets involved things could get very very interesting, the float is incredibly thin.

#53     Sep 12, 2005
  4. I've still got some questions. the 330k is a warrant excercise, but the print was for 530k plus. The 330k comes from the company, but there was a print of 538k and the stock was up $3. So he's in there.

Has to be less that 1mm floating.

#54     Sep 12, 2005
  5. Mvic

Mvic

I watched it all day today on L2 and the price dropped back to mid 40 after the 500K block went through above the ask @41.50 on about 10K shares. Then it came roaring back with very few shares traded. Just a few thousand shares would send it up .50c, a $ and the bid today was constant and solid. I think that Brynes may be responsible for the block but it looks like covering is going on to me (at least the later part of the day). It also looks like time is running out for those that are doing the covering by the action today.

#55     Sep 12, 2005
  6. Ntes up 6.95. Yep, it's happening. Be careful out there.

#56     Sep 12, 2005
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Looks like I'm going to get bitch slapped by OSTK come Monday, CEO warned that they are going to miss sales targets this quarter.

#57     Sep 16, 2005
  8. Greenberg is on it already.

I think the bears have already shot their wad. They have oversold, and it looks like the BD's are tougher on naked shorting. Lot of volatility in many SHO stocks.

How many real sellers are left, I don't know. But the stock shouldn't be at this price anyway. So I think the shorts are hung out to dry. They might be right fundamentally, but they have overstayed one time too many.

I don't see the stock gapping up, but I don't think it gets hit like you think. Some of the stuff running for daytraders have no fundies whatsoever. It's all about a paper chase now.

#58     Sep 17, 2005
  9. Mvic

Mvic

You may be right, it was bid at $40 AH Friday with the ask at $42 so who knows as I am not sure if the news was widely known by then. Probably will be some downgrades though. I think it may move in to the mid 30's before it heads higher. At some point I think it will run , maybe on holiday seasons earnings early next year.

#59     Sep 17, 2005
  10. It's not about the fundies. When the States crack the back of the Sro's the shorts have to run.

Matthews is already on it. There are playing w'/fire. You know the stock is under tremendous scrutiny by every stockwatch service there is.

#60     Sep 18, 2005