Osorico's cookbook of YuMmys

Discussion in 'Journals' started by osorico, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Note to self...
    Begin trading YMM6 (June) contract on Thursday March 9, 2006.

#21     Mar 6, 2006
  2. You have convinced me ........Your trading is for real.......keep up the good trading and posting....thanks.........porgie

#22     Mar 6, 2006
  3. Learner

Learner

Oso,
    Nothing of disbelieving. Just didn't clear $719 is 3 day total or day 3 ( sigle day gain).

Well done whichever way of my understand.

#23     Mar 7, 2006
  4. Tuesday 3/7/06

Done for the day approx 10:30 MST

3 fills, 2 long, 1 short
    3 contracts
    NET PnL 73.30

Slop & Chop Scalp trades today. Got taken out of 2 trades at +$10... tried to hold but retracement was too much.

Regardless, green :)

#24     Mar 7, 2006
  5. I am kinda curious about your Stop Loss actually. How much before you admit you are wrong? Is it $ based, pattern based or a combination of somethig else?

Nice profits btw.

#25     Mar 7, 2006
  6. Stop loss is ALWAYS money based. As a guideline I'll use a 6 YM pt ($30) MENTAL stop when entering a trade. The physical stop is dependant on what I'm attempting. Scalp, swing, fade, scale-in, etc. The rules of my trading (1st post of this thread) contain maximum loss parameters, and those rules rule, until formally changed.

Todays situation was I was attempting to make swings out of scalps. :eek: dum thing to do btw! As the trades moved with me, I adjusted the stop to above BE and kept there. But when the moves retraced, they took me out... In other words the retracements were almost as strong as the moves. Slop and chop!!

Had these trades been anticipated as swings, I would have re-adjusted stops every 8-15 pts (in trendy markets, S/R prices) to preserve profits.

In all cases don't let profitables turn into losers. Todays +$10 trades were just that.

#26     Mar 7, 2006
  7. Wednesday 3/8/06

Done for the day approx 11:15 MST

7 trades, 2 long, 5 short
    7 contracts
    NET PnL 527.70

Did somnething different today...I played the morning down as big scalps even tho the swing direction was well defined. I took every sell signal and covered on neutral or buy signals during the move. It worked very well...all but 1 short entry was higher than the preceeding short cover. Im sure my broker enjoyed it too.

What a nice day! :)

#27     Mar 8, 2006
  8. Reminder...

Begin trading YMM6 (June) contract on Thursday March 9, 2006.

#28     Mar 8, 2006
  9. Thursday 3/9/06

Done for the day approx 12:30 MST

all trades M6

2 trades, 1 long, 1 short
    3 contracts
    NET PnL 338.30

Nothing special today. Took only solid signals as the morning was slop and chop As such caught the breakdown 2@088 covering on retrace @58 (between 25 - 38 fib level). Followed by scalp long @66 out at 76. I love those 2m holds!!

One of these days I may put in a full day :( :D

#29     Mar 9, 2006
  10. Osorico,

As great trading continues the forum is building....thanks :D

#30     Mar 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.