Oscar winner goes after gutless democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. A furious George
    hits gutless Dems

George Clooney (above) says top Democrats like Hillary Clinton (below) should be held accountable for not speaking out earlier against Iraq war.
    George Clooney has a message for Democratic office-holders who voted for the war in Iraq, only to claim later that they'd been misled by President Bush:

"F— you!"

The movie star's argument — directed at the likes of presidential wannabes Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, John Kerry and John Edwards — is actually more nuanced than that.

But not by much.

"The fear of being criticized can be paralyzing," Clooney writes today on Huffingtonpost.com — pumping up the volume after banging the drum of Hollywood liberalism in his Oscar acceptance speech.

"Just look at the way so many Democrats caved in the runup to the war. In 2003, a lot of us were saying, where is the link between Saddam and Bin Laden? What does Iraq have to do with 9/11? We knew it was bulls—.

"Which is why it drives me crazy to hear all these Democrats saying, 'We were misled.' It makes me want to shout, 'F— you, you weren't misled. You were afraid of being called unpatriotic.'"

Clooney exhorts the lily-livered Dems to stop being cowards and put some steel in their spines.

"It's not merely our right to question our government, it's our duty. Whatever the consequences," he lectures.

"We can't demand freedom of speech, then turn around and say, 'But please don't say bad things about us.' You gotta be a grownup and take your hits."

The actor vents frustration that "liberal" has become a dirty word. "Too many people run away from the label. They whisper it like you'd whisper, 'I'm a Nazi.'"

But as for Clooney, "I am a liberal. Fire away," he taunts.

We'll see how much incoming Clooney takes as a result of these fine sentiments.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/399189p-338232c.html

2. Can you imagine Hillary or W becoming sitcom stars? Absurd, no? For some reason politically non-astute Americans are obsessed with what their favorite actors and actresses have to say concerning political views, no matter what side they're on. Very unfortunate to say the least.

3. jem

jem

I thought clooney was a clown but I am beginning to have more respect for him. He has his fuck you money and he is not worried about his career or his future.

So he is acting like a spine filled liberal with a mic. It is refreshing. He is right the very reason I could not vote for a democrat for president is that they are spineless weak minded vote chasing wusses.

First that spew b.s. to win their nomination and then they become moderates for a national election. They stand for nothing and therefore they are unelectable as leaders.

Clooney is right. The dems need a leader, a real leader.

For that matter so do republicans.

4. clooney is rt.
    democrats are turning into pussies. a lot of pussies.

5. Thank god we elected George Clooney to run the country!

6. batman for president.