Osama is Alive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Was the article REALLY a hoax? Or is the CIA engaging in a cover-up to prevent mass hysteria? I think I'll start stockpiling the Spam and bottled water and move into an underground bunker just in case...

#21     Nov 15, 2002
  2. Josh_B

Josh_B

terrorism and "targeted killing" over in Europe:

..."I'm a cynical critic of the US media, but last month Newsweek ran a brave and brilliant and terrifying report on the Chechen war. In a deeply moving account of Russian cruelty in Chechnya, it recounted a Russian army raid on an unprotected Muslim village. Russian soldiers broke into a civilian home and shot all inside. One of the victims was a Chechen girl. As she lay dying of her wounds, a Russian soldier began to rape her. "Hurry up Kolya," his friend shouted, "while she's still warm."

Now, I have a question. If you or I was that girl's husband or lover or brother or father, would we not be prepared to take hostages in a Moscow theatre? Even if this meant – as it did – that, asphyxiated by Russian gas, we would be executed with a bullet in the head, as the Chechen women hostage-takers were? But no matter. The "war on terror" means that Kolya and the boys will be back in action soon, courtesy of Messrs Putin, Bush and Blair...

http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=349952

It seems a lot of hate is building up against the powers over there too. Tensions keep on building up. Something may have to give...

I just hope cool heads prevail.

Josh

#22     Nov 15, 2002
  3. I am worried about the state of the news media. Hoaxes, totally one sided reporting, government cover ups, etc. I don't think there are any ethical standards anymore. Certainly we can't rely on television. How do we know that the russians are doing all that evil stuff and it isn't just made up by the chechens. How do we know whether something is a hoax or is just being called a hoax? We are no smarter after reading the news than we were before in many cases. In fact, bad information is worse than no information at all. The lack of a reliable free press scares me.

#23     Nov 16, 2002
  4. Hey, it's all in good fun...

Can't wait to see all of those Iraq freaks go up in smoke... :D

#24     Nov 24, 2002
  5. Josh_B

Josh_B

9-11 Hijackers: A Saudi Money Trail?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/838867.asp?0si=-&cp1=1

It's not even funny.

osama alive and kicking,
    al-queda cells all over the place.
    talliban get over 56 out of 350 votes in Pakistan elections
    15 out of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabia citizens
    hijackers linked to Saudi funding from Saudi, princes, families etc.

But hey we want Iraq!!! and we will get it. What happened to war on terror?

Can you even imagine if Iraq would have been implicated in any of the above? Even a single dollar money trail from Iraq to the hijackers and Baghdad would have been new Texas central by now.

Media downplay of Saudis funding the hijackers was interesting this am.

...some money may "inadvertently" have found its way to the hijackers...

Come on, folks. Do we have to be hit in the head by a hammer?

I just hope cool heads prevail.

Josh

#25     Nov 25, 2002
  6. qazmax

qazmax

Iraq is simply a way of establishing oil lines that will enable the USA to severe ties with the Saudis. Once Iraq is not a dictatorship and has normal controlled international policy with regards to the oil supply - then the USA can play hard-ball with the Saudis without fear of economic crisis from their control over the oil supply.

It is simply the 2nd move in the chess game...

:)

#26     Nov 25, 2002

7. The war on terror is alive and well, not to worry. And what, is IRAQ Disneyland? The prob with you guys is that you don't quite understand that the political landscape and national security is a bit more complicated and a bit more difficult to manage than your kindergarten school yard policies. Management of the world requires delicate and skillful strategies -MATURE ADULT STRATEGIES! The "moral" high ground is not as cut & dried as you seem to suggest. So get off your high horses...yes it's about oil, and yes it's also about terror and a world class assh*le Saddam. The universe is betther off without him and the oil is more valuable than gold at this point in time in the universe. So let's go get 'im both..yeah babay

GROW UP AND WISE UP YOU WHINERS

#27     Nov 25, 2002
  8. It almost blew me out of my chair when he praised the taking of the Moscow theatre. They don't have anything like our ineffective, emasculated, sissy CIA there. They still have men with bad suits and they always make you talk and nobody laughs at them. Big trouble for Islam. That nutty thing Putin threw about the circumcision business is just the start I predict.

Notice you don't hear anything about Chechnya anymore? In a year it wont be on any maps anymore either. It will just go away.

Geo.

#28     Nov 25, 2002
  9. The Saudi's are just as guilty as the Taliban, but they are much better politicians and have a lot of influence inside the U.S. We are finding out who are friends really are. Right now it looks like Israel, the U.K. , and perhaps a half dozen other nations, certainly not the saudi's.

#29     Nov 25, 2002
  10. Brilliant.

#30     Nov 25, 2002