osaka nikkei 225 mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sporky, Jan 29, 2008.

1. i am also planning to trade N225M thruogh IB ..which are traded at OSE.JPN exchange. being US resident do we have any other option.

guys give me some ideas which is better..i seee lot of volume for n225m contracts

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. def

def Sponsor

You can also look at the N225 contracts that trade on the SGX.

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. thanks for the reply But what would be advantage of that... also any idea about if we can trade index future in Indian stock market

#13     Jan 30, 2008
  4. sgxnk has the interesting characteristics:

- bigger than mini but much smaller than big nik
    - opens earlier in morning and lunchhour with gap free lunchbreaks
    - sgx data is free

#14     Jan 30, 2008
  5. I have traded STW and I am in the US.

#15     Jan 30, 2008
  6. sporky

sporky

+1 to all that

i'm with IB and trade sgxnk

#16     Jan 30, 2008
  7. Schaefer

Schaefer

I'm sorry about the misinformation, STW is traded via Singapore Exchange (SGX), and IS AUTHORIZED for US residents to trade.

Anyone wondering, which products are available for US residents to trade, here's the link on IB's website for more info:

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/eligibleProducts.php?ib_entity=llc

Regards,
    Schaefer

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. Phlub

Phlub

I know this has been discussed in the past, but does anyone know why in the world that the big Hang-Seng on the HKFE is available to US residents but NOT the mini? It just makes no sense to me. Does anyone who is a US resident have access to the mini-Hang?? MAN forbids me from trading that, but does allow me to trade the mini-Osaka N225. Seems odd.

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. Schaefer

Schaefer

Supposedly, to be approved by our CFTC, that particular foreign instrument must submit application to CFTC, and meet the guide lines laid out by CFTC. And one of the guide lines is to give the CFTC $200,000 in application fees :p

Apparently, Hang Seng Mini did not feel the need to give CFTC $200,000?? :D

Schaefer

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. Phlub

Phlub

Even if they want $200k, it still seems strange that the big would be available and not the mini. Where is the logic in that?

Oh well - I guess you 'can't fight city hall'.

#20     Jan 30, 2008