Orlando Sentinel kicks Trump in the cajones right before his launch rally

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Okay, so this is a nice little win by the lefties and I accept that and won't deny them their little public relations victory here.

It is sort of interesting, though, how this article "develops" as you read it.

It starts by pointing out that the Orlando Sentinel has traditionally supported republicans.

Then as you read on, it says they endorsed Hillary in 2016, and John Kerry over Bush. So this is not the first time they have gone low-testosterone and put a dress on.

Okay fine. Sounds kind of never-trump to me but admittedly I am not in touch with the local atmospherics there.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/449042-orlando-sentinel-declines-to-endorse-trump-in-2020

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Orlando, Fla.'s largest newspaper, which traditionally backs Republican presidential candidates, gave a sweeping endorsement of anybody but President Trump ahead of his reelection campaign launch in the city.

The Orlando Sentinel published an editorial Tuesday condemning Trump's presidency ahead of his 2020 campaign launch in the city later in the day. And while the editorial admits some may find it difficult to eliminate a candidate before identifying an opponent, the paper wrote "there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump."

"After 2 1/2 years we've seen enough. Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies," they wrote.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. UsualName

UsualName

This:

“Trump’s successful assault on truth is the great casualty of this presidency, followed closely by his war on decency.”

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. Yeh, that is why they supported Camp Clinton in 2016 I suppose.

Because the Clintons are all about truth and decency.

Uh huh.

5. elderado

elderado

Yeah, and the Obama "Scandal-Free" Administration.

Hypocrites.

6. The media have made far more egregious factual errors than Trump. With Trump, it's usually some sort of self-congratulatory hyperbole. Sometimes wrong, often cringe-inducing, but no real harm.

The media by contrast have willfully spread extremely damaging stories they knew were false or just didn't bother to do basic due diligence before pushing false stories. We were told confidently that the President had colluded with Russia and was Putin's pawn. Totally false. Covington kids? Not only did we see the media try to destroy a teen on false assumptions, we also got to see the full display of leftist violent rage, with numerous blue-check mark twitter accounts urging violence against an innocent child. Kavanaugh? The mask of objectivity comes off and we get full blown media character assassination. I could go on. a lot.

So it is pretty fucking ballsy for the media to whine about Trump's inaccuracies. But then, this is why we despise them and call them enemies of the country.

traderob, LacesOut and Optionpro007 like this.
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

How many votes does a newspaper get?

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. DTB2

DTB2

...and yet people were on line 40 hours before the event.

traderob and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

100k turned up and 20k got in.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The best thing these papers can do for the left is to shut up and let Trump self destruct. Every time the main stream media take him on, they end up losing and making the right choose a side between the media and Trump. And they always choose Trump. Why? Because the media is even more distasteful and distrustful than Trump.

Reminds me of the proverb: "Never argue with an idiot. People watching will not be able to tell the difference between you and the idiot."

#10     Jun 19, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.