Origins of Life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by byteme, Apr 22, 2012.

Which of the following statements comes closest to your views?

1. Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. byteme

byteme

Replicating a Gallup poll here out of interest to see how ET members compare to the general population.

I believe this poll will be anonymous so don't be afraid to state your belief.

Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings?

(1) Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided this process.

(2) Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process.

(3) God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so.

2. God guided me to bump this up

3. The Lord was behind our evolution.

4. ==========
    Amen:D
    Sorry i could not vote in that poll.
    Sure i believe in the beginning, God created, prepared, formed, fashioned the heavens & the earth.[Genesis 1 ,KJV and Amplified Bible] But the timing is not certain:cool:

Thanks

5. byteme

byteme

But which would be the closest match? If you had to choose, would it be 10,000 years or millions of years?

There is no "other" option on the poll that Gallup conduct.

6. ===============
    Well,Bytime;
    I dont really have a real strong conviction on either 10,000 or millions of years.

But so many, of those not well informed people prefer millions /billions of years;its probably closer to 10,000years :D Also it doesnt take much time at all to make coal or petrified wood............................. S0 i just voted for the 10k, but typical poll, not very accurate...........................................

But earth age could easily be millions of years;
    i think GOD also likes ''gaps'' Swing/position traders do like gaps also, generally speaking.LOL

Albert Einstein proved time is not a constant.And Al Einstein, long story short, figured[a person] moving at real high velocity, time can turn into eternity.[Praphrase, not a direct quote] I hope Al Einstein was a Christian, even though not much evidence for that?

7. Life on earth came from Mars, the rest is just sheer speculation.

8. =============
    I think the title was ''Men Are From Mars, Women are from Venus''

Typical poll accuracy;
    I believe in the beginning God prepared, formed fashioned the heavens and the earth.Genesis 1;1 KJV, Amplified Bible.

10,000 years is sheer speculation:cool:

9. Let me settle this for ya'll. About 10,000 years ago some aliens came here from the mysterious 12th planet and genetically altered the evolving apes to speed up the process. Couple thousand years later, a mere wink of times eye, we have the Sumerians, and the rest is human history. Rumor has it that we are to be expecting a visit later this year for a evaluation of our progress. Given the current state of affairs, I'm sure they'll be pleased.:eek:

10. KastyG

KastyG

#10     Apr 27, 2012