Origin of Left and Right Labeling?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Mar 25, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

from the Old Testament

Ecclesiastes Chapter 10:2

A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

2. pspr

pspr

That outdates the French Assembly so it obviously is <s>right</s> correct.

3. Languages east of Jerusalem are written right to left and those west of Jerusalem are left to right pretty much, no?

Louise Hay talks about the left side of the body as "representing receptivity, taking in, feminine energy, the mother", and the right side of the body as "giving out, letting go, masculine energy, men, the father".

I've read things from writings of Japanese martial artists wherein they talked about sizing people up for technique by observing how they did things with their right hand and for other things by watching the left hand.

4. Not everyone is superstitious, James.:)

5. pspr

pspr

And, not everyone is well read or educated either, RCG. If you get my drift.

6. As long as you are guided by a revised book enforced by an invisible man in the sky, then I can consider you maybe well read, but certainly not educated.

7. This was harsh. Magna, please do your duty. We libs are trying to be more civil, and I relapsed. Mea Culpa.

8. pspr

pspr

So, you consider reading one book, but the right book, then someone is educated.

There are many opinions, events and statements of testimony in varying degree that should be absorbed and considered.

Superstition is to religion like gambling is to investing. The differences aren't huge but the long term outcome certainly is.

9. pspr

pspr

RCG, did you get a slap on your wrist for your drive by shootings?

10. Well said, and I leave you to your beliefs.

#10     Mar 25, 2013