Organized Systems Sharing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rlb21079, Apr 2, 2003.

1. I think the SSF can help you get comfortable more easily. The daytrading rules cramp your ability to think freely. Gives you very little room to change your mind.

The low priced ones like AMD and BRCD you can play with, and never risk very much.

#51     Apr 6, 2003
  2. Please include me in this forum.

#52     Apr 6, 2003
  3. Your in my man. If you have any ideas on a system you are developing, ideas or questions on what transpires here - feel free to post. If you'd like, email me at rlb21079@excite.com with your email address and you'll be included in the next round of Stone Kettle Soup systems development.

Hi a,

I've added both stocks you listed to my IB account ticker list. For now, I'll be watching and waiting but this is a start.
    Do the contract dates matter? Well, of course they matter. What affect do they have? How well do they generally follow the underlying stock's price movement? Where do I get SSF EOD data?
    thx,
    rlb

#53     Apr 6, 2003
  4. Contract dates don't really matter enough to bother discussing even.

SSF follow the underlying's movement as closely as your shadow follows you.

Data is available from www.nqlx.com and www.onechicago.com

#54     Apr 6, 2003
  5. 1. Needs to be able to adapt to different conditions

2. Needs not to require secrecy

3. Simpler rather than complexity

just a couple thoughts to start off thinking

#55     Apr 7, 2003
  6. pre-market, KLAC is up $2, a bit ahead of MXIM, QLGC, QCOM, NVLS, XLNX.

So I start thinking about selling KLAC at some point today. No set price or time. I'll just watch them all move, and see how it goes. But I've begun by setting my sights on KLAC.

#56     Apr 7, 2003
  7. I notice the bid for KLAC is about +2, don't have access to pre-market otherwise. I have created a watchlist of your 6 to check throughout the day. I work another job though, so if I don't respond for an extended period you'll know why.

#57     Apr 7, 2003
  8. I just bought one QLGC SSF (May) contract at $39.40.

Why? At 9:00 am KLAC was the leader from my 6 stocks. But at 9:30 am QLGC was way up at about +$2.25. I just checked back on them, and QLGC was back down at +$.90.

So, my figuring is, something was pushing that stock up at 9:30 am. It's slipped back now. Whatever was pushing the stock up at 9:30, is likely still there, and once the lunchtime slump gets through it will bounce back at least partway toward where it opened.

See, I'm too lazy to even worry about bothering to find out what was pushing it up at 9:30. I don't really care. As long as I make a little money. :)

#58     Apr 7, 2003
  9. Got a reply to my e-mail I sent to www.striker.com on friday. It included these links to other trading systems. The notion of creating a "think-tank" to devise an Edge could certainly include the idea that we could subscribe to as many of the systems vendors that are out there as we want, and try to sift through these systems that are already being peddled as complete systems. In this way, we might be able to assess which have the best elements, in a way that few individuals would have the time, energy, or money to devote to sorting through all the systems being offered for sale. If we had a couple dozen members, and we subscribed to a couple dozen systems, it would be like each of us were paying for subscription to one service, but the group would have access to a couple dozen systems.

Diversified Programs:

www.trendchannel.com

www.trade-system.com

www.alfanetsys.com

Bond/ Currency Programs:

www.ontheclose.com

www.dollartrader.com

www.mesa-systems.com

Index Programs:

www.lapistrading.com

www.marinerfutures.com

www.natt.net

www.alfanetsys.com

www.mesa-systems.com

www.spstrategies.com

www.index-trader.com

www.tradetamer.com

www.powermkt.com

www.pantherproject.com

#59     Apr 7, 2003
  10. Aha, before checking this post I had noticed QLGC lagging the group. Thought you might be on the buy.

I'll be posting this in the journal in more detail, but I've entered ADSK at 16.80. Down currently @ about 16.6. Sell stop set at 16.30.

I like the subscriptions idea, I'll be checking out those websites this evening.

#60     Apr 7, 2003