Organize against IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hoodooman, Dec 3, 2003.

1. IB rocks. IB+eSignal killer package. There is no other for traders who don't do massive volume.

Still waiting for IB to lower commissions on eminis a bit so to slam the wannabes at TS, and also to introduce forex. Once done so, they leave the competition hundreds of miles away.

Cheers

#41     Dec 7, 2003
  2. Iceman

If I, and like minded individuals like myself succeed in stopping IB's TWS from being turned off, over and over each day and whether or not it is being done on purpose or because the servers are unreliabe, we will have made one of the most important contributions ever posted on ET.

Name calling and rude language won't deter us from this task.
    If you fail to find any merit in what we are trying to accomplish, you should make your point without resorting to this kind of talk and perhaps you might influence someone someday. Frankly, I am amazed that ET tolerates this kind of nonsense.

If our activity does not improve the reliability of IB's TWS then
    I intend to take this matter up with the SEC.

As for everyone else, I would suggest you keep voting and lets see if things start getting much better over at IB.

#42     Dec 7, 2003
  3. Quah

Quah

hoodooman - Did you read the electronic trading agreement you signed when you opened your IB account? If so, why are you complaining about something you agreed to when you opened your account?

#43     Dec 7, 2003
  4. Quah
    If we succeed in making IB's TWS more reliable, do you think that will be a good thing?

#44     Dec 7, 2003
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

LOL! The SEC???? I doubt the SEC would have much interest (or reason) to get involved. I don't trade with IB but I'd guess that their uptime is likely quite high.

#45     Dec 7, 2003
  6. Some people can see the smoking gun in spite of all the smoke. Other people can't see the forest for the trees.

#46     Dec 7, 2003
  7. Well....If I were a sponsor of this site...I would encourage ET to moderate this thread closely...

or.....IB is confident of their service and product that they offer to traders and encourage this sort of Gang mentality thread. Free speech at its finest....right?

It's been my experience people remember negative experiences to them and the media capitalizes on this. When is the last time you turned on CNN or others and heard a majority of reports about the positive things that are happening...

Point being.....a quick look at this headline of this thread gives one an impression IB has problems and may even defer a decision by a prospective new customer to make a decision.

The failure, results of poll or comments within this thread may go unnoticed....just getting it out there is detrimental....the facts have nothing to do with this.

Question? Could ET be used to systematically smear someone within the rules of free speech and ET rules for THEIR site? Could there be an organized and smartly done campaign by whoever to achieve this? It happens everyday in my country of illusional Freedom..... the USA.

Michael B.

#47     Dec 7, 2003
  8. Next week we will monitor IB's connectivity problems, in a new thread every day and the results will speak for themselves.

If IB's connectivity improves, which it has for a couple of days after we started this thread, these results will be documented for all to see. If these disconnects continue, that fact will become apparent as well.

Everyone please vote and maybe things will get better.

regards

#48     Dec 7, 2003
  9. ...what have you done to isolate the problems you experience to IB? About a month ago for about a week I was experiencing a couple of reconnections during the opening hour, but never any failures to logon. That was at about the same time that others were complaining here. However, if that was an IB problem, it was fixed because since then I have had absolutely no problems.

#49     Dec 7, 2003
  10. I ran a poll or haven't you noticed. Perhaps you could suggest another method.

#50     Dec 7, 2003