Organize against IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hoodooman, Dec 3, 2003.

1. gnome

gnome

The cheapest broker ALWAYS attracts the most attention... and with it goes growing pains + logistic problems.

All of the money you've saved on commissions has now been squandered on lost opportunity or worse. Sheesh!

OK, now what? How about finding a decently capitalized broker with a strong parent... and NOT the "next cheapest" commission... (most of the emigrant IB accounts will be going there)...

#11     Dec 3, 2003
  2. 37% thinks IB sucks enough to organize a walk out. I,ed say 100 accounts, walking out all at once, should make an impression. Please keep voting.

#12     Dec 3, 2003
  3. Open E Cry is hooking me up with a good deal. Some of the reasons for switching:

1. Better customer service. They always pick up on the 1st or 2nd ring.

2. Better platform. This is subjective but I like the platform and the DOM feature. Much easier to enter orders and manage positions.

3. Built-in chat for support. I can chat directly with my broker or any other customer service rep any time right through the platform.

4. Market commentary throughout the day.

5. Good floor brokers, so if I want, I can even trade the big contract.

-Fast

#13     Dec 3, 2003
  4. you jerks need to grow up and learn how to use a computer!

you guys are the same pikers i see on other threads buying low end junk to trade with :-/

#14     Dec 3, 2003
  5. The truth is coming out. 33% thinks IB sucks bad enough to stage a walkout. Keep voting. Lets see a big response!

#15     Dec 3, 2003
  6. So let's say you walked out with 100 people with the intention of making IB improve their servers or whatever. Now you're somewhere else. Assuming that your walkout works and IB "improves" in your eyes, would you then walk back in? Or are you doing this for the customers to come after you from the goodness of your heart?

#16     Dec 3, 2003
  7. if you REALLY wanted to leave IB you'd do it quietly without a big hullabaloo but you want to stay

#17     Dec 3, 2003
  8. Like I said, I was leaving anyways. LongShot, I'm sure my "junk" is better than your "junk" :D

-Fast

#18     Dec 3, 2003
  9. How do you know if their floor brokers are any good if you've never used them?

#19     Dec 3, 2003
  10. Yea well my "junk" is oversized and seldom fails, where apparently your "junk" is sub-standard :p

#20     Dec 3, 2003