O'Reilly visits 'The View' and two hosts walk off

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Oct 14, 2010.

1. 01:29 PM ET

O'Reilly visits 'The View' and two hosts walk off

“The View” has turned into quite the drama fest over the years, and Thursday’s show was no different.

The fuss this time surrounded Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly, who appeared on “The View” to talk about politics and his new book "Pinheads and Patriots.”

Before the guest segment was over, O'Reilly himself was called a pinhead by one of the hosts.

His appearance started out reasonably enough, discussing the upcoming elections. O'Reilly didn't make predictions, but called the vote a referendum on President Obama. A bit later he brought up the proposed Islamic center in New York, which is set to be built close to ground zero.

O’Reilly referred to it as a mosque and said it's inappropriate to build it there. He then added that the President's stance on the developer's right to build it and his decision not to comment on the wisdom of building it is part of the reason for what he calls a gulf between Obama and the American people.

Whoopi Goldberg asked why it would be inappropriate to build the center near ground zero, to which O'Reilly responded, "Muslims killed us on 9/11." Whoopi then lost it, and I don't know exactly what she said, because the sound dropped out a couple of times. I think it’s a safe bet that ABC's producers or censors thought what she said wasn't appropriate for a morning talk show.

Joy Behar called O’Reilly’s assertion BS and said she didn't want to sit there anymore, and then she and Whoopi walked off the set.
    After Behar and Goldberg made their exit, Barbara Walters disagreed with their actions, saying they should be able to discuss things without walking away, but added that O'Reilly can't demean a whole religion based on the actions of extremists.

First he said he wasn't demeaning anyone, but then apologized "if anybody felt I was demeaning Muslims,” and Joy and Whoopi came back after that. At the commercial break, Barbara said they'd come back and discuss his book "Pinheads and Patriots" adding that it was tough to see which term was applicable to O’Reilly.

Later, Sherri Shepherd said O"Reilly was being a pinhead” because she believes he knew what he was saying when he commented that "Muslims killed us," without noting the attackers were extremists.

What do you think? Did the ladies overreact, or was Bill O'Reilly wrong in not talking about Muslim extremists?

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/14/oreilly-visits-the-view-and-two-hosts-walk-off/?hpt=T2

2. Hello

Hello

Video? i would love to see those two far left whackos getting their panties in a bunch.

3. It's on the Fox website, where else would it be?

4. It is in the page linked.

5. Hello

Hello

Found it :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvbCPnnAwMg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvbCPnnAwMg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

6. Vote for real change. Vote Independent. Vote for Tancredo. Stop voting for Bilderberg candidates they don't care about you.

7. Hello

Hello

WTF does this have to do with the OP on this thread?

Is that you AMSTW? Did you forget to take your pills today? Did you get a new alias?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

8. No we are separate people promise. I am in Denver, I think he is in Texas. :p

I am just trying to get people to think, that's all.

Continue as you will.

9. That was funny as shit. O'reilly stirring up some free publicity. Nice move... it would have cost fox millions without the nearly the same impact and effect.

10. BSAM

BSAM

Having Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar walk out on you represents a badge of honor in my books.

#10     Oct 14, 2010