O'Reilly blaming Dubai Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ipatent

ipatent

This rings true. For example, the Taliban had virtually eliminated poppy cultivation in Afghanistan in early 2001, now it is back to record levels. It is doubtful that it was a coincidence.

#41     Oct 12, 2008
  2. sho-tim

sho-tim

The sh*t hit the fan. Nothing more.

There's always a desire and a need to assign motives, maybe to help oneself politically,as in (they are evil, we are good; be on our side), sometimes just because it makes one feel better about oneself. As in (it's not my fault, someone did this to me).

#42     Oct 12, 2008
  3. Or rather get their money out before Obama gets elected.
    I doubt that Reich et al. would/will advocate or allow the same kind of blank check looting of the treasury that Paulson has.

#43     Oct 12, 2008
  4. :p

It's the ultimate form of capitalism, stealing from your own Country ... a form of cannilbalism, actually.

#44     Oct 12, 2008
  5. ipatent

ipatent

#45     Oct 12, 2008

6. He's a cunt.

Like most republicans, he lacks any ability for cognitive reasoning.

All these cunts are in "Blame anyone but bush" mode.

#46     Oct 12, 2008
  7. Economic terrorism? Pure bullshit.

If/when the market loses 90% of its value, the government is going to blame "economic terrorists" for it. Of course, their solution to the problem will be more regulation, RFID chips, and a global currency.

#47     Oct 12, 2008
  8. 1) Hedge fund scum don't deserve extreme margin. They barely deserve to be allowed to trade for full cash.

2) What happened to this big rumor that today was a huge margin call day? did the boys cancel that and decide to allow 100-1 margin instead?

#48     Oct 13, 2008
  9. I lost track. Did we beat the terrorists today? Are we ahead? Anyone have any news?

#49     Oct 13, 2008
  10. TT1

TT1

Yes, "Islamic Bin Laden Global Opportunities Fund" lost $ 666 Billion Today!!!

:D

#50     Oct 14, 2008