O'Reilly blaming Dubai Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

all AIG and lehman had to do to make up for their billions of losses was hedge their CDS with for example 100k contracts short in the ES.

this jsut shows that most people in financial institutions dont manage risk properly. or never bothered too, since it was never their own money on the line.

#21     Oct 12, 2008
  2. If I were to "judge" the business ethics of Arabs vs. American Jews I'd side with Sharia.......

#22     Oct 12, 2008
  3. Be alot of cripples seeking disability benefits ;)

In accordance with the Qur'an and several hadith, theft is punished by imprisonment or amputation of hands or feet, depending on the number of times it was committed and depending on the item of theft. However, before the punishment is executed two eyewitnesses under oath must say that they saw the person stealing. If these witnesses cannot be produced then the punishment cannot be executed. Witnesses must be either two men, or, if only one man can be found, one man and two women. Several requirements are in place for the amputation of hands, so the actual instances of this are relatively few[citation needed]; they are:

The thief must be adult and sane.
    There must have been criminal intent to take private (not common) property.
    The theft must not have been the product of hunger, necessity, or duress.
    The goods stolen must: be over a minimum value, not haraam, and not owned by the thief's family.
    Goods must have been taken from custody (i.e. not in a public place).
    There must be reliable witnesses (mentioned above).
    The punishment is imposed even if the thief repents. [said by the Prophet]
    All of these must be met under the scrutiny of judicial authority. [Qur'an 5:38][113]

#23     Oct 12, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

What does O'Reilly say caused the Japanese, Finnish, Hong Kong, Brazilian, Russian, Indian markets to go down even more than the US markets. Was that Dubai hedge funds too?

In any case, pretty much none of the worlds top hedge funds are based in Dubai.

#24     Oct 12, 2008
  5. unfortunately the US government suffers from excessive paranoia, signs of this are wasting billions in implementing useless agencies like the TSA, such paranoia will mostly work against them

america gained great amount of advantage over other countries by attracting their intelligent people, now a days, america mainly attracts the crappiest and cheapest people of other countries, americans aren't that smart themselves so you can imagine where america is heading with paranoid freaks like you

even if we assume this is financial terrorism, well tough luck, intelligence and speed rules, in the past america screwed the economy of many other countries severely, so you could only hope the same from other countries too

#25     Oct 12, 2008
  6. d08

d08

There are floods of orders coming in from EVERY PART OF THE WORLD when the shit hits the fan (volatility). You obviously don't know or ignore that there are big funds in Dubai (oil money) heavily invested in the US - ergo, it makes sense that many are liquidating.
    So - if the Arab princes don't sell they are financially idiots, if they do they are terrorists? Nice logic there.

#26     Oct 12, 2008
  7. when america fucks with people's lives, and tells them how to live, they are only helping

but when other countries are trying to save their money from melting in the US engineered shit, they are terrorists for not buying into the conspiracy

#27     Oct 12, 2008
  8. I know what I was told when I confronted them with facts. You do what you want. I won't say 'think'. There is little of that happening here. Raw data is everywhere. People choose to ignore it. Whatever.

#28     Oct 12, 2008
  9. What do you know about our alleged gold reserves at Fort Knox. There is a new crescendo of theories stating its just a disney facade.

#29     Oct 12, 2008
  10. No idea. I only talk about what I know. And that's bad enough!

when you take a step back and look around, you, it's all pretty simple. The politicians got in bed with Wall St. who got in bed with a plethera of nefarious characters, from the Russian mob, to terrorist fund raisers, to simple off shore hedge funds laundering money for same. (All documentable, btw). Like the good kid (stretch there, but bear with me) running with the bad crowd, events get out of hand. Now, they have to either come to you and say they fucked up, and killed us, or, they can pull out all the stops, killing us later, and try to right a ship that may or may not limp into port, and take six years of drydock repair to become remotely seaworthy, but never the same again.

And to top it off, the leading Presidential candidate doesn't even like us.

Gee. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

#30     Oct 12, 2008