Oregon election worker fired for altering ballots to Republican straight ticket

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 6, 2012.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

An election worker in Oregon is facing a criminal investigation for allegedly altering multiple ballots to benefit Republican candidates.

In a press release on Monday, Clackamas County spokesperson Tim Heider said that 55-year-old Deanna Swenson had been “relieved of duty immediately after the alleged ballot tampering was discovered.”

Swenson, who was registered as a Republican, was accused of filling in a Republican straight ticket on ballots where voters did not specify a choice.

Contacted by Willamette Week, Swenson tearfully insisted that it was “only the two” ballots that had been altered.

The Oregon Department of Justice began an investigation last week after an elections official reportedly observed ballots being altered.

“At this point, it is unclear how many ballots the employee at issue had access to, or what will be done with those ballots,” the sheriff’s office said on Monday.

At a Monday emergency meeting, officials in Clackamas County announced that the altered ballots would not be counted. Since ballots were anonymous, disenfranchised voters would not be given a chance to re-cast their votes.

Swenson has worked in elections since at least 2000, according to the Clackamas County spokesperson.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/...tering-ballots-to-republican-straight-ticket/

2. OnClose

OnClose

Don't let Tsing Tao see this post, he'll lose his mind.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Why would I lose my mind? The woman should go to jail for her actions.

Just curious, but I don't see you on any of the threads pointing out unmoral or inexcusable democrat behavior. Are you sure you're balanced in your views?

4. exGOPer

exGOPer

Link for Democrats doing the same? There must be something definitive.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i gave you some links in your other request. Also, browse the forum for photos of Obama painted on the wall of some polling station. Or how Philly tried to remove 70 some-odd GOP polling workers. Selective reading, eh?

Maybe it's time to bring that other nick name you registered from last March online about now?

6. OnClose

OnClose

I just read what's posted and I haven't seen any posts that describe what you're referring to. Any person that's involved in voter fraud should be jailed and have their voting rights stripped for life.

7. exGOPer

exGOPer

What? Just Obama paintings or Obama caps at a polling location isn't good enough. Are we really going to compare that to people altering ballots and voting twice?

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's immoral behavior. Apparently you would only have a problem if a voting station had a mural of Romney, and such. That proves quite definitively that you are not a balanced view sort of guy at all, are ya?

As for altering ballots and voter shenanigans, plenty of links on this forum for you. You just don't like what they say, so you criticize the source. But for your stuff, you can post whatever source you want.

Typical moonbat. And let's not forget your "new" username crap.

9. exGOPer

exGOPer

So give me the links then, why the namecalling? If Obama voters are trying to vote twice and altering ballots, post your sources.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Are you learning impaired? The links are all over this forum of immoral and questioning behavior. You've been answering them (and trying to justify the behavior or attack the sources).

#10     Nov 6, 2012