Orderflowanalytics

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shortbleu, Apr 29, 2011.

1. shortbleu, if you want to pay for order flow education, you could try www.l2st.co.uk. They have some webinars and a trading room which is around 200 GBP per month. You can also find some good reviews about them. I never used them, so I can´t give a review.

Nevertheless I personally just started learning OF with the GOMI stuff over at BMT. So far I am satisfied and it costs only 50 bucks for a lifetime BMT membership.

But this OFA stuff really looks promising.........:D
    still a little bit tempted to pull the trigger......:cool:

#21     May 9, 2011
  2. risky63

risky63

try "eds vol price bar" in nt7
    play with the time frames and you might get sumpin from it.
    ands its FREE

#22     May 9, 2011
  3. George from OFA gave me a demo about 1 year ago. The head guy, forget his name is really arrogant, DB that's it. He moderates the trading room. I wasn't impressed. I don't even know if DB trades with real money. I agree I would look at Kam Dhadwar from L2ST before them. He trades with real money, atleast some of the time. Plus Kam is alot cheaper like $300 per month I believe.

#23     May 9, 2011
  4. Hi Murutinga,

I fully agree, I discovered the www.l2st.co.uk website and their youtube videos a few weeks ago, they seem very good and the way they trade make sense. Something I need to explore further.

Can you please send me the link to the GOMI website, I could not find much about it when I googled it. Is BMT the company behind Gomi?

OFA looks very good, the only thing that refrains me from paying the 000's $$ for their software is that I know almost nothing about the company behind the software, they are a virtal company, they don't have a physical address etc etc, so if I pay, I have no guarantee they will effectively send me the software and maintain it for years to come.

When I say I know almost nothing about the company, I should have said, that what I know about them does not make them attractive.
    I would have no problem paying the money to a well recognised company. I think I will see in two years if they are still around, if they are, it means their business works and they will have enough cashflows to have a physical address, a company registration number etc. Most companies go bust in the first 2 years, if they don't, they may be worth it.

#24     May 10, 2011
  5. Hi Risky63,

I am new to NT7, I used it for the 1st time yesterday. I used j-trader, x-trader, strategy runner before.

what are eds volume price bars? Is it an indicator I can access from the charts window? I could not find it as a chart indicator, does it come under a different name?

#25     May 10, 2011
  6. Hi dandxg,

I am glad to find someone who actually used the OFA software, you're the first person I came accross who used it and since you're around since 2005 and posted over 4,000 posts on various topics, I am sure you are a genuine forumer and not a vendor :)

So tell me your thoughts about the software, when you did the demo, did you notice an improvement in your perception of the market forces in temrs of volume, supply/demand, did you improve understanding of the orderflow and did you increase your profits?

Did you ask them why they are a virtual company with no physical address? I believe they are so small they can't afford one. I believe their company was set up less than 2 years ago.

When you had the demo, did you install their software on your own machine, or did you just watch them doing the demo on their computer? They say they don't give trial, but I could watch a demo in a live market with live volume and prices, but still not on my machine.

What is the history of their software, they've got the version 5 now, OFA5. What version did you see? I could not find any info on any previous versions.

L2ST, I will look into further as well.

#26     May 10, 2011
  7. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

GOMI is the handle for a user in the BMT forum. He has developed a value 3rd party add on for the NinjaTrader platform. I believe his code is free but you have to download it from the BMT forum.

#27     May 10, 2011
  8. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

"Eds volume price bars" are not a NinjaTrader system indicator or entity. Sounds like a user generated add on, I am not sure where you can download it since I have never heard of it.

#28     May 10, 2011
  9. Yep, you can find his indicators on the BMT forum and download them for free (well almost). You have to become an elite member which will set you back 50 $ for the lifetime option. But IMHO well worth it.

#29     May 11, 2011
  10. What/where is the BMT forum?

#30     May 11, 2011