Orderflowanalytics

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shortbleu, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Wow, I got quite a few responses today, thanks guys.

Traderslair,
    If they did a demo and had 3 losing trades in row, it looks bad for them indeed. Their system looks good on youtube but as I said I can't do a trial.

I googled gomi ladders and found this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JfKb95bhQ
    and this link also:
    http://www.bigmiketrading.com/wiki/trading-wiki/Gom-Volume-Ladder

I did not find a link providing free access to the software and maybe an instruction manual to install the software and learn how to use it. Can you pouit me in the right direction?

#11     May 7, 2011
  2. Hi Bearmountain,
    I looked into Marketdelta, and I consider it as an alternative. However, although based on volume, the way the bars are constructed is very different from Orderflowanalytics, it is not time based.

Again, Orderflowanalytics seems better in theory but I can't try it

#12     May 7, 2011
  3. semaj68651,
    They won't give a live demo, this is my point, I find it very bizarre.
    I would even be happy to $200-300 for a month to see how it works, they won't do it.

I can't find reviews when I google orderflowanalytics reviews.
    There are a few threads on forums here and there but no from people who have actually used the software

#13     May 7, 2011
  4. rosy2

rosy2

its probably not a "they" but rather one guy who wrote it and is trying to sell it

#14     May 7, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

$5K upfront without any expected numbers of returns? i don't mind to pay whatever, as long i can recoup those expenses fast..

as for "order flow analytics" name.....for this kind of money i would expect not bid\ask\last shit,but analysis of the upcoming order flow (not based on quotes from present or past)and how it will affect future prices movement....yes..sort of front running,high frequency,high win rate machine gun..with recoup time <1 month :p
    this one looks no different than rest of similar soft..

#15     May 7, 2011
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Save your $5k and monthly dues, buy a couple of books on tape reading and you'll be much better off; I assure you!

#16     May 7, 2011
  7. Rosy2,
    You're very close to the reality. It's a "they" but just by one guy, when I emailed the guy, he told me they are just 2 people, I understand one is the seller, the other one is the IT guy.
    The more I think about it, the more I think I am not going to invest or at least I am going to wait a few years and see if they are still around....
    Most new companies close after 2 years, I think they've been in business for just under 2 years...

Dealmaker,
    I think you're right, I need to understand tape reading by myself rather than rely on someone else's software. If for any reason the software ceases to exist and if I am only profitable because I use the software, then I am in deep sh*t.
    What book would you recomment for tape reading? I've just seen reviews on "Techniques of Tape Reading" and they are pretty good but apparently this book isn't about times and sales, its more about short term psychology and market profile.
    Any idea for a good book on trading orderflow and times and sales?

#17     May 7, 2011
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

I personally haven't read any tape reading specific books, though I am sure they are out there.
    Books that I have read on trading in general ( and most touch on tape reading) and recommend are

High Probability Trading - Marcel Link
    Trading From Your Gut - Curtis Faith
    One Good Trade - Mike Bellafiore
    Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom - Van K. Tharp
    Day Trade Online - Christopher A. Farrell
    Trading For A Living - Dr. Alexander Elder

#18     May 7, 2011
  9. Lornz

Lornz

Wyckoff & Livermore....

#19     May 8, 2011
  10. Hi, just view the online free videos on marketdelta.com