Order tickets on IB's TWS

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ghost typer, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Is someone also having the surprise to get an order ticket window (instead of being able to trade directly on the line under the quote) when trying to enter an order on the forex?

The configuration is the same as a second account that doesn't seem to be affected in this way. Should I say : "yet?"

2. No, no, I don't or didn't expect any response. (I have enough posts to leave a review for a broker :D)

3. This is the bug I spoke about as can be seen in the picture I took yesterday. The subscription for the data feeds are activated, but none the less the order ticket entry appears when I click on a forex quote.
    Trading with an order ticket is just slower but it is not the end of the world and I have another account that does work very well, thank you very much.

When such a bug will happen to you too and it will last two days or two years, you should just say : c'est la vie, that's life, que sera, sera.

• ib.png
      File size:
      408.7 KB
      Views:
  4. If ever you are encountering such bug and instead of wasting your time (like I did or am) simply:
    click on a quote, get the ticket window who will transmit the order as usual on the screen (I mean under the form of a line on which the prices to enter can easily be modified). This way, you can target fast an execution price

End of this monologue in 4 acts :)

5. Breaking news :

DAV of IB was so kind to let me know, that the workaround for this bug is simply to go to the Order Default Window (>right click on a FX quote> Configure Order Defaults) and you should set the trading sizes manually. Just keep in mind that there is a minimal amount for IDEAL PRO.

Thank you very much for your help and your attention