order flow is it worth learning

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by watchdaride, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I guess the latest thing is order flow trading . The last time i ask someone he said most big orders that move the market arent sitting ready to be executed . So order flow isnt accurate . What do you user opinion on order flow trading?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"beyond your pay scale"

3. qlai

qlai

Latest if you are ten years behind :) But seriously, everything you learn will elivate your game one way or another ... Just don't expect it to be the answer in itself (thus don't overpay to learn it)

4. mbondy

mbondy

I could probably out-trade 99% of the guys on here using only time and sales and common sense. Order flow works intraday better than anything else I know but it takes a lot of practice.

Carlw and Sermadero like this.
  5. wartrace

wartrace

Someone is right; big orders generally avoid advertising. Did "someone" offer a more "accurate" tool?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Sermadero likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Most don't want to put in the time of studying tens of thousands of anything, let alone practice, and they wonder why they not "getting" it. It is a constant "Grind" once you have discovered what works, same charting patterns, same volume patterns, same same same, knowing the stats, like listening to clock and sounds of the seconds.

Sermadero and zdreg like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

It depends on how you trade.

I don't find order flow useful. In fact, it is distracting.
    I focus on charts.

There are traders who focus on ladders and to them order flow is very important.
    and they might not use charts.

8. IamaMars

IamaMars

Yes, order flow is really worth learning. Actually, any claim to understand this concept but they don't, yet it is a very critical factor that causes price movements in the market. It is important to understand whether your trading method falls under order flow trading or not

9. Sermadero

Sermadero

Yes, order flow is very important to know about it and undertand how it works. If you guys wanna learn much more about forex education, take a look at tradesocieties

10. wartrace

wartrace

Orderflow is nothing more than additional information; to claim it isn't "accurate" means you were talking with "someone" that doesn't understand it. So you can't detect large orders immediately? Does that make it useless? Is there ANYTHING that can tell you what a large trader intends to do?

How would you like to be long when a passive seller is soaking up all the contracts? After a while you will notice it using a footprint chart or the DOM. Why stay in through the stop run? Will you even know using any other tools?

Watch these playlists from Axia Futures. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFA5mCxXHSCCGxsDBSuRRw/playlists

Start with the footprint videos. The price ladder is more for scalps. You might also find the volume profile videos interesting.

Market delta has some good content as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdZZPcnxZLB_G7bzG8ZM7A

I find the Jigsaw tools very helpful along with a good footprint chart.

I think order flow works best in the futures market due to all trades being centralized. I have no idea if it's useful in the equities market or forex.

#10     Mar 28, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.