Order Fill

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by GotherL, Nov 2, 2017.

1. GotherL

GotherL

Like I said even if I cancel that wouldn't suddenly screw them into shorting unwanted shares since most likely there were looking at a block of orders coming from the same ticker. More then one sucker for them to pull a fast one.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    #41     Nov 3, 2017
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

So do this - next time you get delayed - cancel your trade and see if they come back with a "too late to cancel" and a fill. Then you'll understand.
    Crickets on the request for time and sales?

#42     Nov 3, 2017
  3. GotherL

GotherL

Already tried that several times. I could cancel my market order even after 10-20 secs has passed. This just means they were too busy frontrunning people's money and didn't have time yet to execute our orders in a timely manner. i can't come up with any other explanation for the long awkward delay.

#43     Nov 3, 2017
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Sorry, I cannot help myself. I have a problem. :)

#44     Nov 3, 2017
    ajacobson likes this.
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Your trade filled on US exchange? Without time and sales, you are 180 degrees from understanding. When you have time and sales post them. Trading ahead with a customer order in hand or selling the information in your order is problematic and possibly even criminal. Someone reading your print and then sweeping other markets is what an HFT could consider, but frontrunning a customer order you are holding. If it printed on a US exchange someone subject to exchange rules represented it and printed it. Even if your broker were on Mars it would not make any difference.
    Complain to the executing exchange in writing with details and time and sales.

#45     Nov 3, 2017
  6. You were trying to short a stock which was going down quickly. Did you check whether the broker had actually stock available for you to borrow, in order to take a short position? They don't say it clearly in the message you quote from their customer service. But it could be that they simply didn't have that stock available.

#46     Nov 3, 2017
  7. GotherL

GotherL

Already mentioned this in an earlier post. They were short locates so they should've been available to me. Also, it happened both long and short positions.

#47     Nov 3, 2017
  8. GotherL

GotherL

Nah, I think I will pass. Flaming your broker on a forum is one thing. Writing to exchange and taking it to the next level sounds like to much work for me. I appreciate the thought thou.

#48     Nov 3, 2017
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson

"Nah, I think I will pass. Flaming your broker on a forum is one thing. Writing to exchange and taking it to the next level sounds like to much work for me. I appreciate the thought thou."

The first $1,000,000 fine we levied when I was at CBOE was against Bridge Trading for frontrunning. You say they have done this to you repeatedly and you are fine to flame them, but not to complain.

I wish I had been the whistleblower. He was a new hire on their desk and made one phone call to CBOE market regulation. Took a while, but he earned six figures for the tip.

#49     Nov 3, 2017
  10. GotherL

GotherL

Well, 1st of all I have no clue where to start and the other thing is I have no actual proof they're frontrunning my orders or doing anything worth bringing attention to the cboe or whoever is in charge. It's just a growing suspicion, nothing more.

Do you have a link aleast as to whom I can file a complaint too?

#50     Nov 3, 2017