Order Fill

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by GotherL, Nov 2, 2017.

1. JackRab

JackRab

As from 2:08:37 the stock was already trading below 3.53 it hit 3.42 at 2:08:57...

You were just too late IMO...

I still think it might be a dodgy broker though... for reasons stated.

#21     Nov 3, 2017
  2. GotherL

GotherL

Nope, I hit the short button as soon as I saw a red candle. That was way at the top watched my order get filled several seconds later. Anyways, gtg I send a more throu reply tomorrow.

#22     Nov 3, 2017
  3. d08

d08

There was liquidity but this is a hard to borrow stock. Could it be that there was no short availability at that moment and when it became available, trade went through? Sounds like a shitty broker...

On second look, they only can survive if they provide liquidity so I imagine your order wasn't marketable but was just sitting at the ask all the way down. You got gamed by the market and by your broker.

#23     Nov 3, 2017
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Hi GotherL,

I might have missed it. Where was your order routed? Does it go to the NYSE/NASDAQ or any other lite ECN or is it routed to a MM or dark pool? We only offer the MM route on our Web Trader. I get no complaints. On our other software, we offer DMA and sometimes a SMART route. The SMART route for equities provides a fixed rate fee to save on maker/taker ECN fees. I don't like dark pools and would suggest avoiding them.

Bob

#24     Nov 3, 2017
  5. GotherL

GotherL

I am using Zeropro and they use something called smart route on their orders. That is the only option available. Is that not a good choice? Cause it literally took 10 or more seconds both on the long and short side on several of my trades resulting in big percentage losses. Sometimes it took so long for a market order to go thru I could've smoking a full cigarette and still have time to hit the cancel button on my market order.

#25     Nov 3, 2017
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Sounds like a dark pool if these are listed symbols. Even when our clients use the MM route on Web Trader, the executions on small lots are not delayed. Give me a call after 8am ET if you want to discuss what I can offer.
    https://www.lightspeed.com/

Bob

#26     Nov 3, 2017
  7. d08

d08

It's likely that their market order isn't a real market order. There's a reason they are banned in US. This is also why they offer their "SMART" route only.

Rebates are paid for order flow by various market centers including EDGX, ARCA and NASDAQ.

#27     Nov 3, 2017
    JesseJamesFinn1 and 777 like this.
  8. d08

d08

What's wrong with dark pools?

#28     Nov 3, 2017
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Complaints from clients about delayed fills. Sometimes you can’t take offers and hit bids. I just don’t like them. Just my opinion.

#29     Nov 3, 2017
  10. GotherL

GotherL

Can we not discuss this here or just thru email? Or even private message will do. Tbh, I don't have a phone on me...

#30     Nov 3, 2017