Order Fill

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by GotherL, Nov 2, 2017.

1. GotherL

GotherL

Ok I see where your getting at so if I make a limit order instead of a market order there is no way HFT can benefit from this right or can they? Also, I still don't see the connection why my orders get filled late. Or you saying my orders are getting filled late cause all the HFT traders got in before me?

I trade in Nasdaq/Nyse btw!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    #11     Nov 2, 2017
  2. JackRab

JackRab

Well.. even with limit orders you can get screwed this way. If you're limit order is to buy above the ask price.. the quote could just move.

What stock is it in?

#12     Nov 2, 2017
  3. GotherL

GotherL

Stock exchange or ticker? Heck I just tell you all the details. It happened when I was trading PYDS. If you look at the min chart I tried shorting this at around 2:08 pm at $3.52 and got filled at 3.42 at the end of the huge red volume spike.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    #13     Nov 2, 2017
  4. d08

d08

What was your size, what was the bid/ask size? What you see on the screen are not prices you can get when it comes to low liquidity.

#14     Nov 3, 2017
  5. GotherL

GotherL

You know what now that you mention it. I do seem to recall most of my market orders getting filled where I be losing up to $50 right off the bat which didn't seem right since I was only trading with a $2000 account. I never really paid attention thou and just assumed it was regular bid/ask spread loss. Maybe you're right and this HFT system of traders or whatever you call them is piggybacking my trades...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    #15     Nov 3, 2017
  6. GotherL

GotherL

My size was only 300. I wasn't paying attention to the bid/ask size at that time but I am pretty sure there was a lot of liquidity since the stock was trading on 99x relative volume.

#16     Nov 3, 2017
  7. d08

d08

What symbol and time if it's not a secret.

#17     Nov 3, 2017
  8. JackRab

JackRab

Hmm, I don't think it has to do with you specifically... looking at the chart, the volume is not tiny... if you're only trading 1000 shares or so that wouldn't move anything.

Are you sure you're trading on real-time data feed? That's another thing... maybe you've got delayed data... and they fill you at shitty levels... do you have the tradelog? Or a print of the exact time to the second and size traded?

#18     Nov 3, 2017
  9. sle

sle

I just went to their web site. The "free trades" thing, man.

#19     Nov 3, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  10. GotherL

GotherL

Delayed data as in the charting I use? I dont use their software I use tradingview pro and trade ideas. I got filled at 209 pm. I am off my laptop so I can't look at tradelog atm so I can't give more specific details.

#20     Nov 3, 2017