Order Entry Problems During Rush Moves

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Jul 25, 2002.

1. horseman

horseman

If the order was posted to Island's book and didn't get filled, isn't that Island's fault, not IB?

#11     Jul 25, 2002
  2. Originally posted by jficquette
    A limit order to Island? I believe that would be posted on the Island book? Did you route somewhere else?

I had the order out on island as a sell order and the order was green. I have used IB since it first came out and I understand how it works. This not the first time it has not executed my order. One time last Feb I came home and QQQ was 70 cents past my stop!!!

John

I am not sure that when IB says it has posted it to island , that it is actually posted. The reason I blame IB is because it has happen before. Have you ever had Island not execute an order that was clearly validated by price and a million shares of activity in the past?? Just curious. Maybe I should use the smart route if so and forget Island. I had just always thought that because Island was electronic it would always be the surest execution when the price was hit.

John

#12     Jul 25, 2002
  3. horseman

horseman

All my market orders are sent smart. All my limit orders are sent to Island. I keep the Island book open all day and can see when my order is posted. IB has never failed to post one of my orders, usual time 1 sec, +/- a few milli's. Doesn't mean it can't happen, however.

#13     Jul 25, 2002
  4. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

Amex or Nyse could have traded up to .94, and there could have
    been a seller(s) on Island that kept the price there from getting there. I use IB stops on island and quite often the price on the consolidated tape goes through my stop price by a tick or two, sometimes 3, and no trigger on island. Island is the market here. Can you check time and sales for island only, you might find that it did not trade above .90 there.

#14     Jul 25, 2002
  5. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

When you send smart does your order ever end up in AMEX hell?

#15     Jul 25, 2002
  6. horseman

horseman

Hasn't yet, but the only stocks I trade on the Curb are QQQ and BBH and I don't trade many of those. I could be lucky.

#16     Jul 25, 2002