Order Entry Problems During Rush Moves

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Anyone else have them?

2. nope

3. EOM

4. Yes I do with IB. I had an order to sell QQQ at 22.90 out on IB. I went away for a while which was stupid to do and did not get hit on the rally. At looked and saw that the high of the move was 22.94. I thought that that must have been a bad tick. Later in the day I was more and more irritated due to the move down and I checked the Time and sales. My software accumlates by one minuter slices of time. I counted over 1.5 million shares traded between .90 and .94. Why I did not get hit I will never know. You know, Real Tick is the only order entry platform that never screwed me in fast markets. If they were to get IB's "oca' orders I believe I would go back to them. I might anyway.

John

5. I have them on a few mornings when stocks are flying. Order entry becomes sluggish (even with my hot keys) and sometimes my software freezes intermittently. These occurrences are the exception, not the norm. My tech staff tells me that it's a Nasdaq problem because of the volume surge but I don't know if they're just making excuses for their software.

6. lojze

lojze

What's that?

Lojze

7. IB's oca orders
    What's that?

Lojze

"one order cancels all" Say you get short in position. You can put in an order for a stop and another order to take profits at your cover spot. When either is executed, the other is canceled. IB is the only platform I have used that has it.

John

8. ddefina

ddefina

A limit order to Island? I believe that would be posted on the Island book? Did you route somewhere else?

9. A limit order to Island? I believe that would be posted on the Island book? Did you route somewhere else?

I had the order out on island as a sell order and the order was green. I have used IB since it first came out and I understand how it works. This not the first time it has not executed my order. One time last Feb I came home and QQQ was 70 cents past my stop!!!

John

10. I had problems early on Redi Plus. It's bad when trading is heavy.

#10     Jul 25, 2002